Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Limit # of Tabs?

04-22-2008, 12:18 AM
# 1 (permalink)
nosins
Hello,

Is there a way to limit the number of tabs / categories displayed? I have too many categories and its ruining the look of the tab - it doesnt make sense to reorganize the content to make the tab look good ... no matter how nice a module it is

Thanks!

Nick.
04-23-2008, 01:48 AM
# 3 (permalink)
bkelly
Hi

Maybe I have the opposite problem. I cant figure out how to add a tab.

In the News Line template demo 1.5, there are a number of places in which the same words are used. For example, right in the middle of the home page, there is a section like this

Latest news

Business World Sports

Business, World and Sports are Tabs and when you hit one of the tabs, you get the first of a series of documents for that tab. The template is absolutely beautiful This is all trial and Error. I am not sure I can do what I want to do.

I would like to add a horizontal menu item called Local so my page, in the middle looks like this

Latest news

Business World Sports Local

No matter what I do, the Local Tab does not appear. Is this something that is possible?

Thank you
04-23-2008, 11:37 PM
# 4 (permalink)
CProject60
In the Admin top menu go to Extensions - Module Manager.

Select position user2 - Latest News mod_tab_news

Where it says Parameters: Section to display

Look at the section Name:

Now go to the top menu Content:

Category Manager:

Select that section where it says select section.
Click New and make a new category named Local and Publish.
Now make new articles and put them in that .category
04-23-2008, 11:55 PM
# 5 (permalink)
bkelly
Hi

Thats what I did. I have two articles going to local which is under Latest News

The Tab does not show

I am convinced that this is a bug

My module is dated March 17 and this thing is fixed on March 29 or 30

How do I fix this module that was installed with the demo

I dont understand what these guys are saying

http://extensions.joomla.org/compone...392/Itemid,35/
04-24-2008, 12:03 AM
# 6 (permalink)
CProject60
Download the latest Tad Module from the download section. Uninstall the old module and install the new module.