Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Making Pages and Linking in

09-29-2007, 08:59 AM
# 1 (permalink)
kaitomono
Even though I have years of experience at making webpages and am very familiar with css xhtml etc. I am having a problem trying to figure out how to set up my site with my Community Pack in joomla.

For instance, I want to make the menu the drop down version, I know suckerfish is in the css but how to code the page to make it appear? Where do I do that in the admin area of my backend? Why are there so many menu options in the backend?

In the demo online on this site there was a nice registration page, I dont have that in the one I uploaded.

Is there anyone here I can hire to set this up for me? I cant figure out how I am supposed to go in and add pages.

:S Sorry, I feel very stupid but even though Ive read all the tutorials I can find I cant seem to get it when I go in to try and do this. I dont mind paying someone to help me get it set up if it isnt too expensive. I can even offer to barter writing and marketing services in exchange.
09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
No need to feel stupid my friend . You should have seen me when I first started. I know how you feel. Ok I would take advantage of your offer no $$ exchange for service. Since it is 3am where I am and I am about to go to sleep, please wait until tomorrow 2pm Florida time. I will get the community demo site for you as demo content so you can see how the backendactually looks like when site is setup. The use of menu is simple. Go to admin backend /menu main menu and asign links to your content pages. You will see many options I know it is confusing. SO the start menu>mainmenu> click on new click on Link - Content Item choose the item you want to be linked. To have dropdown , go menu>mainmenu click on second item from top the one after Home , choose its Parent Item example \"Home\" and click save . Now go to your home page and hover over \"Home\" link. First lesson done
09-30-2007, 10:26 AM
# 3 (permalink)
kaitomono
Thank you Neo, sorry I missed you today but I will be on tomorrow (Sun) and will try the menu instructions youve given here. Ill check back then and copy your menu tips and see if I can get that going, I appreciate your help. THANK-YOU!!!
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
# 4 (permalink)
kaitomono
Well, it is starting to make sense to me. I am finding it quite time consuming and I havent had a lot of time to work with it this weekend but I did figure out how to get the menu items on the parent part.

Tomorrow I will go ahead with the drop downs and try to figure out what types they all are so I fill it all out correctly. So far, so good!