Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Extended Menu Module -- Suckerfish Drop Down Menu

01-07-2008, 02:58 AM
# 1 (permalink)
kuya_28
I have been experimenting with the MintFresh template and I appreciate the work you have done. I have been trying to get the Suckerfish Drop Down Menu working, but have had no luck. I installed the Extended Menu Module and I am trying to configure it properly to work with the template.

What do I need to set in the Administration section -->Extended Menu parameters?

Any help is appricated.
01-07-2008, 03:02 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
what do you mean, you cant get the suckerfish to work? All you need to do is asign child and parent items to eachother
01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
# 3 (permalink)
kuya_28
What I mean when I cant get the suckerfish dropdown to work, is that when I hover over the topmenu items no dropdown is shown of the categories or sections assigned to that menu. I am sure I have a topmenu that has both parent and child items tied together.

So are you saying that I do not need the Extended Menu Module to have the suckerfish drop down feature? Are there no parameters that need to be changed and added?
Do I just need to use the MainMenu Module?

This is not what your directions say with this other template:
http://www.youjoomla.com/red-box-fir...e-release.html

Lastly, do you have a forum topic that explains parent and child items? I just want to verify what I have setup.

Thanks for the quick reply.
01-20-2008, 06:52 AM
# 4 (permalink)
DigiMan
Hey Dude,
Not sure if you got a handle on this dropdown menu or not so I am forwarding this tutorial for your viewing pleasure. I was wondering the same thing and came up with this handy flash unit that explained it perfectly.

http://tutorials.rockettheme.com/vid...nfig.v1.2.html

Follow url for tutorial

DigiMan

If this works mark the post solved!
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
# 5 (permalink)
savithd
Hi,

I am using Joomla 1.5, and am trying to get the drop down menu on it. I have got Red Evo Allium template with Suckerfish menu over it. But still, it is not working properly, I mean, I am only able to see the sublinks or subsublinks of a sublink ONLY after clicking on their respective parent links. I would like to view them on hover itself. Can you guide me over this?

I have already defined parent and child items in the menu.

Thanks in Advance
08-01-2008, 12:19 AM
# 7 (permalink)
savithd
I could not give you the link to my installation or website as it is present on a private IP. I have free membership on this forum, so could not provide you with pay pal info.