Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Intro images not same size

01-28-2016, 08:29 AM
# 1 (permalink)
ging_youjoomla

Please refer to http://ginginteriors.com/
As you can see, I used the same image for all of my featured articles to investigate what has gone wrong with the image size.
You will also notice that the middle column images are slightly shorter than those on the right/left columns.
Help please in making all the images the same size? Thanks.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: No

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: N/A

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: N/A

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
01-28-2016, 09:57 AM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello ging_youjoomla.
You can try to add this into your custom.css file:
http://yjsimplegrid.com/documentatio...-css-file.html
div.yjsg-newsitems div.multicolumns div.news_item_f{
margin:0 5px!important;
}
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
01-28-2016, 10:31 AM
# 3 (permalink)
ging_youjoomla

Hi Arefund,
Thanks for your reply.
I am new to website development and I'm merely forced to create my personal site - a necessary evil!
I spent the last few days reading documentation/tutorials/etc but unfortunately I am not yet at the level where I could understand/comment when YouJoomla users talk using codes.
I'll get there but in the mean time, if there is another way of solving this issue without coding, that would be a great help. If none, then I'll get back to you in a few days to report whether your code works (or not) after I've done some more self-teach sessions.
Many thanks,
Ging
01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
# 4 (permalink)
arefund
Check the link from my previous post, that is the tutorial how to activate your custom.css file.
The file will be located inside root folder/templates/your template/css folder
After that go inside that file and add the code i provided.
}
That should be it, tutorial how to use custom.css file.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
01-29-2016, 11:43 AM
# 5 (permalink)
ging_youjoomla

Hi Arefund,

I do not really know what your code does but I added it anyway to my custom css file.
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
Added by Ging: to solve image size difference in Projects intro
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/
}

Unfortunately, it did NOT work

In case you're wondering, I am sure I have activated my custom css file (and re-checked) via the Couture Template Manager. I added the piece of code at the end of the file. Should have I added it somewhere else? In case this is relevant, the custom css file in my site root folder is not named "custom.css" but rather called "customk.css". Does that matter?

This problem does not happen with the Protostar template. If I may, this issue is really a bug and I should not be fixing it at code level. Could I please ask your Couture Development Team to have a look at this?

In the mean time, any other work-around(s) please? Many thanks.
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
# 6 (permalink)
ging_youjoomla

Hi Arefund,

This problem is now solved - yeeheeeyy! Thanks to you!

I added the piece of code you supplied via the YJSG Custom Code tab (as opposed to adding it directly into the css file in the site root folder).

Thanks MUCHO!