Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Compile error on switching to bootstrap 3?

01-24-2015, 06:35 PM
# 1 (permalink)
ckubse
Hello,
This month switched from Wordpress to Joomla. Installed my new website with the T3 from JA, a good option but after a while needed something as powerfull but a little cleaner and found your Eximium with grids framework.
Upon testing( made another menu item with category layout) had a problem and don't know if tha's a fault of mine or a theme bug.
In theme admin after switching from bootstrap 2 to bootstrap 3 I got a compile error, or something like that. "Cache not cleared. Canot delete old files. Possible css error. Check frontpage."

Now, don't really know what happened as the issue apparently dissapeared and I don't see the error message. I'm not to familiar with that to know if that's the case.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: http://goo.gl/1gRgJL

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
01-26-2015, 07:11 AM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello ckubse.
Please check your css and see if you have some css error.
The framework can't compile if there is some css error.
Thank you.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
01-26-2015, 12:30 PM
# 3 (permalink)
ckubse
Hello and thanks for the quick response. Probably that was the the case.
Already made Eximium my default theme and started to customize some here, some there.
To end this up as I guess it's a solved problem I have one last question. On T3 I used the less compiler feature to style my third party stuff, modules ...etc by adding my CSS pieces in a less file and changing the colours from hex to less variables, to maintain the good looks after a colour theme change. Grids framework is using Less or just CSS? I'd be pretty happy to achieve the same thing here.
01-28-2015, 05:05 AM
# 4 (permalink)
arefund
We have the LESS compiler built inside the plugin. You can check the LESS Compiler settings inside the template administration under the Advanced Options tab.
Thank you.
01-28-2015, 07:05 AM
# 5 (permalink)
ckubse
Ok found it. And I'm pretty hapy to see a custom less file. I can add my stuff there? Because there is this note inside the file: Note:
// Use templates/template_name/css/custom.css for all LESS and CSS addons.
// To generate custom.css file go to template admin, tab Styles, set Activate custom.css to on and hit save
01-29-2015, 08:23 AM
# 6 (permalink)
arefund
You can add your LESS and CSS stuff inside the custom.css, but you have to activate it first inside the template administration.
http://www.yjsimplegrid.com/document...-css-file.html
Thank you.