Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Multimediabox not working on frontpage

08-27-2013, 04:08 AM
# 21 (permalink)
88speedkeys
If you look at this webpage: Martin Melis | Actueel you'll see what I mean. Yet the images in the slideshow are linked to the full articles. To make sure they both show the thumbnail correctly I had to use both the code AND the code in an article and use CSS to make it work in both blog lay-out AND full article lay-out. This is a really devious method. One last look at my 'problem' would be really appreciated. I love the Multimedia box, but this is the one thing I can't get my head around...
Thanks again!
08-27-2013, 05:56 AM
# 22 (permalink)
neo
to be honest i think you are making it to complicated for your client , you made an article page Portfolio as article , you are now making similar page as category blog where that page does not even look like category blog layout but as some newsflash module , no read more no links to article view , so why going trough so much when you can make it as article view again and use mbox as it is intended
08-27-2013, 07:37 AM
# 23 (permalink)
88speedkeys
Well, the answer is that longer articles will follow, along with 'read mores'. As stated earlier it really have to be single articles, because different images in the header slideshow are linked to it. Client also wants to be able to have a unique URL per article. I don't see (or overlook) how that is done by using (the) module(s)...

May be it is just me... but if I wanted to use the multimedia box as a module, I would simply choose a HTML module and use the code in it...

Is it really me not grasping the logic seeing a thumbnail in article lay-out and a code in blog-layout?

To make sure you don't get a feeling that I'm complaining (I'm really not!) I still think I overlook something very simple... I'm simply waiting for that 'Eureka' moment ;-)

I (we) love your product and have done a lot with it in the portfolio as you may have noticed.

Sorry for the long thread!

Best regards
08-28-2013, 04:05 AM
# 26 (permalink)
88speedkeys
This made a very good product even better, awesome guys!
If you want I can write a positive review or recommendation. Just tell me where you want it.
Best regards
08-28-2013, 06:29 AM
# 28 (permalink)
88speedkeys
Added a review on your first link. Doesn't show just yet, but I guess it has to be approved first. Anyway, we are happy. It's all working now. Thanks again!
09-05-2013, 05:21 AM
# 29 (permalink)
88speedkeys
And the very very last question on this matter...
Everything works perfectly! It works on every browser, my tablet (samsung Galaxy Tab), except for my clients iPad. Vimeo movie links that is... If he clicks on the thumbnail, you are redirected to the Vimeo site instead of having a pop-up appear. Images are no problem. Can't tell for YouTube links, because he has none...
Just MAYBE this has something to do with settings on his iPad, but if you get this from more users, maybe it is worth a look.

Thanks again!!!