Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Changing color scheme

04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
# 1 (permalink)
crossmr
I'd like to know how much it would cost to purchase a recoloring of one of your templates? I actually have one of the free templates, which I've set up on my site, but I'd like to change the color scheme, which involves quite a few files, and other things like that. I'd like to get it done by someone who can tweak things much better than I can.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: n/a

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: N/A
04-28-2012, 08:57 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

This would of course depend on how much of your site needs to be changed.

If you want to give it a try and do this your self, it is in fact rather easy
You pick one color you are not going to use
activate the custom.css file in the template manager settings.
copy the css style of the color you pick into the custom.css file
search for the color you are changing out and replace with the new one (this you can do on the Cpanel if you are hosted where you have full access of your files)
then you can open up the template's images folder, and download for example the menu images, site background etc..and open up in photoshop, color them with the new color and upload and overwrite.

let us know here if you don't trust your self to do this on your own, but it is very hard to estimate such work without at least a link to the website
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM
# 3 (permalink)
crossmr
Yes, I know most of the things to change, what it is is that I'm not completely comfortable in making a fully smart color scheme. I'm more technical than I am artistic.
It would be a basic recoloring. What I'd like is one of your designers who is more of the artistic kind to create a new color scheme based on some example colors (say our logo) that I'd provide. This would include the menu colors (some image recolorings and image codes for the fill colors), the header image (I'm using yougrids metal, so it's got that brushed metal pattern on it), the footer, and maybe a text recoloring if it fits well with everything else, but the black on white might be fine there.

I would guess for someone who is very good at picking all those colors it would be a fairly quick job, but I'm half-colorblind when it comes to that kind of thing. I tried a little last night and it just looked horrible, especially the menu.
04-29-2012, 06:11 AM
# 4 (permalink)
crossmr
So even a rough estimate would be fine, but I'd like to move forward sooner rather than later unless the cost is going to be excessive.
a recolor of the basic yougrids-metal template based on our site's logo colors
including menu (images, fill colors and separators), header and footer (brushed metal and fill colors)
and give me a rough timeline on how long it'd take to complete the work
Thanks
05-01-2012, 03:44 AM
# 5 (permalink)
crossmr
Wow crack sales team here. I'm basically begging you to take easy money and you can't even bother to give me an answer.
Forget I asked.
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
# 6 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

We are not used to take custom jobs through the forum.
I see no live link to your site, so not good to estimate the time to put into it.
We have a field here in the forum for developers offering jobs, but you are welcome to send me Private Message and give me your email so I can contact you regarding this.

I would also need a live link to your site please and detailed list of what you seek for.