Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

use of h4 in templates

03-23-2011, 07:22 AM
# 1 (permalink)
rocaloca
Hi,

I am looking at your templates and all of them are exclusively using h1 as the logo description and h4 for all other titles.

Why is there no use of h2 and h3 - and you take directly h4 tags it does not make sense to me but maybe you can explain the logic behind this structure - as so far in the websites I have made I used h1 in the logo for a general description - but then used h2 for the second most important titles and then h3 h4 h5 h6

Shouldn't I change all those h4 tags to h2 or h3 depending on how important the titles are - to have a clear Seo title tag structure?

Thanks for your answer
03-23-2011, 07:42 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
h4 is use for modules title only , h1 should not be overused and the most important part should fall on the main site tags , which is in the description ,

h2 are the news item titles on the frontpage , but once clicked and you look at the news item , title is h1 , again becoming the heavy seo for that particular item . since modules are not and should not be the most important part , they are h4. so no , i would not change them . depends on the layout structure ,
example , if you are not using news items on home page , and you are using some modules that pull news items info , that change those modules news items title to h2 , again , do not overuse h1
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
# 3 (permalink)
rocaloca
thanks.

I only use h1 tag in the logo for the company or website general description.

Ok so H2 is in the news item and h3 would be subtitles in the news item

h4 are module titles and h5 maybe module subtitles...

I just could not see any h2 in the demos... but your answer makes sense thanks!
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
# 4 (permalink)
rocaloca
Ok so that made sense for a minute but not anymore.

If I want to make a company website and use this template:
YouMedia - Web Developer Portfolio

Again there is no use of h1 or h2 on the demo frontpage:

I would use h1 in the logo with company description - the way it is now

h2 in: Vivamus placerat quam
nec mi ultricies (should be a news item instead of a module)

h2 in: Services we provide (should be a news item instead of a module)

h3: in Graphic design, Wordpress development...

and h4 in the below modules - the way it is now

I simply think that you should have used h2 and h3 in the top two titles as this is the core business of a media company...

thanks
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
but again , the default grid SEO is made as I described , the templates made from grid caries own layout and own seo , just because we use only modules on home page , does not mean you have to do this. you can disable title and always add own default seo adjustment. note that grid is optimized for seo. when we make template we simply use what we can according to design. it is not our job to optimize the demos for seo since not everyone is using them as they are.
03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
but basic principle and this is in all grid base templates

1. H1 , in logo , as close as possible to the top
2. H2 on news item titles
3. H1 in news item body
4. H4 in module title since the module title should not be as important , module content can contain h2,h3 ect
5. news item title class is called title , as it should according by SEO experts

these are the basics , what you do with it is up to you . we setup the basics as they should be. just because we did not use news item on home page , it does not mean you or any other customer would do the same
03-24-2011, 03:58 AM
# 7 (permalink)
rocaloca
Thanks again for a great support!
05-03-2011, 02:58 AM
# 8 (permalink)
pakistan12
I think that all heading are not necessarily needed to use.
08-24-2011, 07:16 AM
# 9 (permalink)
steevewd
This is very important not to use h1 over.But i think On top to bottom , there should be proper arrangement. First h1 , h2 and go on.