Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Shopping Site in Joomla?

05-04-2011, 11:47 PM
# 1 (permalink)
pakistan12
I am planning to open a shopping site that will have 250+ items for online sales through Paypal. I also want an easy form through which I can delete/update/add shopping items.
Will Joomla be a good option? Do Joomla sites have SEO issues? What is the disadvantage if I make it in Joomla and not regular XHMTL and other DB stuff. Is Joomla easily integrated with Paypal?
05-05-2011, 05:49 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
i have been using mambo/joomla since the beginning , from joomla 1.5 joomla has no seo issues that I know off , there are plenty SEF extensions that can help you with your SEO
SEF - Joomla! Extensions Directory
05-08-2011, 11:21 PM
# 3 (permalink)
jbdb_org
I recently did my first shopping catalogue site using virtuemart and Youjoomla Youshopper template. There were many small problems, but that's to be expected in something so extensive as a shopping site. It would have been much more complicated in what you are calling "regular xhtml".
SEO looks fine.
Just don't underestimate how many small points need to be configured right in any package you choose for this. If light duty programming intimidates you, hire a pro. But if you're comfortable troubleshooting template logic, etc., you certainly can do it and the Youjoomla tools are helpful..
08-24-2011, 07:10 AM
# 4 (permalink)
steevewd
There is no problem at all if you are using Joomla for your site as far as SEO is concerned but wordpress sites are more seo friendly than any other