Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Odd Module Assignment Behaviour

06-27-2011, 10:41 AM
# 1 (permalink)
mesavage
I installed the 1.0.1 version of YJ Piecemaker on a localhost installation of Joomla 1.6.4.

I am experiencing odd Module Assignment behaviour with this module.

I have set it to only display on selected pages, and only selected HOME as the only page. Yet it is displayed on most of the pages I have and not only the HOME page.

I have enabled URL Rewriting, so my links display as http://domain.com/99-news-article.html

Any ideas as to what is causing this behaviour?
06-27-2011, 11:30 AM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Your link is not working

Make sure you have cleared your browser cache after you changed the assignment.
06-28-2011, 03:45 AM
# 3 (permalink)
mesavage
The link won't work. As stated, it is tested on a localhost setup.

It was given as an example.

The only module assignment that yj piecemaker does adhere to and not show, are the actual menu links that are set up. When I click on one of the menu links, the piecemaker module does not show, when I go to different articles, it does show, which it should not.
06-28-2011, 07:55 AM
# 4 (permalink)
mesavage
I had to create a menu item for Category Blog before Piecemaker stopped showing up at the top of my articles. The same for all my other pages. I had to create menu items before it would stop showing up above them.

There has to be a better way.