Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

youjoomla blog

05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
# 1 (permalink)
gezell013
Do you guys use a blog component or just the articles. The reasons I ask is I tried to have certain modules show up on every page but when do my articles show up below the modules instead of beside them. Is there anyway to fix this or do i ave to get a blog component?
05-11-2011, 11:34 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

Most often what you see in the demo showcase is newsflash module.

You have many to choose from, and the look and layout depends on what demo they come in.
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
# 3 (permalink)
gezell013
I do not think I explained my problem very well. If you go to the blog on youjoomla.com you see that there are modules displaying on the right side of the blog (one being "our facebook friends"). In menu type when i choose blog layout (or even article layout) then any modules i have assigned to that page show up above the blog/article. I want to have my blog on the left panel while still allowing me to have my modules on the right side.
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

please send a link to your site or at least let us know what template you are using
this makes support easier.

You might be able to 'move those modules' into module positions under the main content area if you want to use the Article blog layout to display your blog.

What I was suggesting, or pointing out, is that in most sites you see from Youjoomla, they use newsflash module to display blogs, and since that is a module, you can display it in a module position and do not have to use the main content area at all.
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
# 5 (permalink)
gezell013
orion,

the page I am having problems with is Articles keep in mind the site is far from complete, but you can see that when i set the modules to show up under articles, it show the modules and then the blog under them. if you go to Blog you can see how the modules are on the side of the blog (many other blogs built with joomla as well) maybe i am missing something really simple but i can not figure out how to make them show up a long side the blog.
05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
# 7 (permalink)
gezell013
wow, now i feel extremely stupid, your right, i had them published there for a different page. I will make copies and publish them in the correct position. Thanks for all of your help.