Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Logo align center?!?

02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
# 1 (permalink)
hustla214
Hi there.

U guys done a good job with this template. Thx a lot.

I already changed the yougrid logo but cant get it on middle of header.

Where i can do this? I already was in layout.css and mesh.css and tryed text-align:center; float:center; and nothing changed.

Also its my first day with joomla 1.6, where are the preview button in backend templates where i can see all the module positions like in joomla 1.5?

Keep up the good work...
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hello and welcome

When I need to have the logo centered you can do it without messing with the code if you want (or mostly)
You can go to template manager and adjust your logo width so it takes most of the width of the header
Then make your logo wider, so the main image shows up as centered.
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
# 3 (permalink)
hustla214
thx for the answer. but i prefer doin it in the code. because when i do it your way then the whole header is a link.

so do you know where i have to do this?
02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
In template manager, select options enable Preview Module Positions and add ?tp=1.
03-13-2011, 06:25 PM
# 5 (permalink)
sgatewood76
I don't get the add ?tp=1 thing either.

I've tried editing the layout.css file, but no luck. I turned off Header 1 - 3 and tried to center the logo in layout. I can't find the block, I'm guessing?

I'd like my logo centered in the middle of the header. Someone please help!!!
03-14-2011, 03:52 AM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
disable header grid modules , make png logo image that is wide as the site but logo centered , go to template manager and set the logo width same as site width
03-14-2011, 07:54 AM
# 7 (permalink)
sgatewood76
Thanks for the cheat... I know that will fill the space, it's an option I did consider. As hustla pointed out however, then your whole header becomes your home page link. That would be okay, but I'd still like the option of utilizing the header space for other items versus being limited in my header space. My logo is only 70 x 360 pixels.... that's a lot of blank space that's really an image.

I know we may be entering the realm of significant code change..... but... Is there a way to designate the header logo div to the center h2 position, then float center center, via code changes? I even tried utilizing a custom html module and placing it in the h2 header position with the logo off.... but then I lost transparency. I also tried to alter the logo location with the custom.css but had no luck. I obviously was doing something wrong!

Thanks for recommendation and any additional info you can supply. Much appreciated!
03-14-2011, 08:29 AM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
than disable logo in logo settings and use header 1 2 3 modules, there are many options , you just need to fit it to your template
03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
# 9 (permalink)
sgatewood76
I tried using a module in h2 position but I lost my transparency. So everything behind the image was white, instead of your nice header background. That's the thing... it seems like everything I try doesn't work. Am I just missing something simple?
03-15-2011, 04:57 AM
# 10 (permalink)
toza63
that cant be , you must have had wrong image up . provide a link please