Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Main Menu Display error with IE7

02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
# 1 (permalink)
srbmaddie
I've installed the YouGrids Free Joomla Template along with the Mega Menu on my website. I tested it on a variety of browsers but FORGOT to test on IE7. I was recently notified by a 3 separate visitors to our website that they couldn't click on any of the drop down menus. They were all using IE7.

When you hover over the menu item, instead of the child items dropping down directly underneath, they appear on the far left hand side of the page. You can't move the cursor and click on the menu item fast enough. my website is Xtreme Exhibits - One Stop Trade Show Marketing Solutions

**BUT**
I went back to the demo page (YouGrids - YJSimpleGrid Joomla! Templates Framework Demo) using IE7 AND I'M GETTING THE SAME PROBLEM! The drop down menu appears far to the left and it appears too high and covers the menu description.

I'm attaching a screen cap of what i see when using IE7.

I saw other people on this forum having similar issues but it was attributed to the computer. But with my own experience and 3 separate visitors all having the same problem, its got to be a problem with IE7.

Your help is appreciated.
02-26-2011, 10:13 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
i just tested , IE8 comp ability mode = ie7

also ie tester ie7 , works on both
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tester.jpg (306.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (211.4 KB, 3 views)
02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
# 3 (permalink)
neo
also tested your site , same thing , what it could be is that loading time is not done and not all scripts are in but other than that the script was tested over and over again in all browsers
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
# 4 (permalink)
srbmaddie
Thanks for checking it out for me. I know theres something going on however, because i got another call yesterday from a customer who couldn't access the contact us page because the menu kept disappearing.

So this morning, i got inspired and started playing around. Changing the following from "static" to "relative" on line 96 of the template's menu.css file seems to have fixed the problem on my site. (see Xtreme Exhibits - One Stop Trade Show Marketing Solutions)

Code:

.horiznav li:hover, .horiznav li.sfHover,
 .horiznav li.sfHoverHas {
	position: relative;
	z-index:1000;
}
Keeping in mind that i know very little about css, do you think this is a good fix? could it have any negative side effects? ive tested in IE 6, 7, and 8 as well as firefox. it appears to work.
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM
# 6 (permalink)
nkalden
I have one computer (out of 5) that started to act as srbmaddie describes: The submenu's stick to the left side - This is also the case for the demo (YouGrids - YJSimpleGrid Joomla! Templates Framework Demo). The only suggestion I can think of is this piece of code that I recently added to custom.css to change the behaviour of hyperlinks:
body a:link {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}
body a:visited {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}
body a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color:#0066aa;}
body a:active {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}

I must admit it is a long shot...

The problem does not seem to be cache related. I deleted all relevant (cache)files for IE. The abnormal behaviour is both in IE8 en IE7 compatibility mode.

Older templates (like Welcome to the Frontpage) do not have the described problem.

4 other computers that I use do not show the abnormal behaviour....

Hope you can come up with something: it seems to be a real issue. If screenshots are needed - please let me know.
03-07-2011, 08:27 AM
# 7 (permalink)
neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkalden
I have one computer (out of 5) that started to act as srbmaddie describes: The submenu's stick to the left side - This is also the case for the demo (YouGrids - YJSimpleGrid Joomla! Templates Framework Demo). The only suggestion I can think of is this piece of code that I recently added to custom.css to change the behaviour of hyperlinks:
body a:link {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}
body a:visited {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}
body a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color:#0066aa;}
body a:active {text-decoration: none;color:#0066aa;}

I must admit it is a long shot...

The problem does not seem to be cache related. I deleted all relevant (cache)files for IE. The abnormal behaviour is both in IE8 en IE7 compatibility mode.

Older templates (like Welcome to the Frontpage) do not have the described problem.

4 other computers that I use do not show the abnormal behaviour....

Hope you can come up with something: it seems to be a real issue. If screenshots are needed - please let me know.
in order to nail this one , we need detail info , links , exact browser version , system info , Java version on your computer , ect . I cant see any issues on my machines.
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
# 8 (permalink)
nkalden
Tested with the template demo's: Youscene and newer all show the described behaviour, Youmedia and older do not. It seems to be related to SimpleGrid somehow. The only exception in the SimpleGrid family: YouPulse - this demo shows normal behaviour.

I was running Jave 6-22. Updated to 6.24: no effect.

I did a manual clean of all cache files (users../local/etc.): no effect

I did a temporary file cleanup (disk - properties - etc.): no effect

I am running IE 8.0.6001.19019 on a HP notebook Pavilion DV9000 (#GH843EA) with the latest updates of Windows Vista Home Premium (build6001: sp1).

Turned all settings of IE to standard, deleted all cookies and switched off all plugins: no effect.

I am running out of test scenario's..