Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Parse Error

01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
# 1 (permalink)
Biochemiker
Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I did a new installation of Joomla (1.5.22) today. Then i installed the Mega Menu Plugin which went fine. Then I installed the YjSimpleGrid-Template, which went fine with some error messages about the following:

Warning: zip_entry_read() [function.zip-entry-read]: The bytes parameter must greater then zero in /mnt/web6/40/62/5154262/htdocs/rueckert/libraries/joomla/filesystem/archive/zip.php on line 238

A configuration of the Template ist possible. When I choose it for Standard Template and open the startup page, I get the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mnt/web6/40/62/5154262/htdocs/rueckert/templates/yougrids/html/mod_mainmenu/default.php on line 24

Has anybody an idea what went wrong?

Thx

Alex
01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
Two things might help, reinstall for the first problem, and do a new download as well.

The second problem looks like your are using php4. Upgrade to php5, preferably 5.2n.

And i doubt it is related, but why install plugin first and template second. And well why not install the yjsg demo instead of joomla demo, we have much better info in there. Just trying to keep it simple.
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
# 3 (permalink)
Biochemiker
Thx Maggoo. I will try the PHP suggestion an then the Demo Version. I didn't know that there is something like it.

By the way, changing the installation order didn't solve the problem.

Regards

Alex