Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

custom buttons in yj pop

10-15-2010, 01:58 PM
# 1 (permalink)
internetresources
how can i use custom login/register buttons in this string?

Code:

<a href="javascript:;" onclick="this.blur();showThem('login_pop');return false;" id="openLogin">Login</a>
the images are register.jpg and login.jpg in ../images/stories
10-22-2010, 05:12 AM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
YJ Pop Login appearance can be changed through css.

Personally i would make the wanted changes in the template.css file, this is to keep things tidy, and change background to something like:

Code:

background: url("../images/my_button.gif") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
It's better to place your own image in the images folder of your template, and that is the path the url above is pointing to.

Please feel free to ask away if you get stuck anywhere with making these adjustements.
12-18-2010, 06:50 AM
# 3 (permalink)
164creativedesigns
I'm completely lost on how to add custom login and register buttons. Please explain where to place the images for the buttons, and please explain exactly where to add the code to make them display.

Thanks in adavce!
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
Have a look at the demo of YouGames with firebug.

You can place the images in the images folder of your template. The appropiate css you can add to any of the css files of your template or in the stylesheet.css that is in the module.
12-18-2010, 01:08 PM
# 5 (permalink)
164creativedesigns
I have firebug installed and I tried that before posting for help, I understand where to put the images, but what is the code I need to add to the CSS file of the module?
12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
# 6 (permalink)
maggoo
You haven't checked the YouGames template have you?

Checked your site, and it is quite clear:

#openLogin, #openReg {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000;
border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
clear: right;
color: #000000;
display: inline-block;
height: 25px;
line-height: 25px;
margin: 10px 3px;
text-align: center;
text-decoration: none;
width: 60px;
}

in stylesheet.css line 16 of the module. So background: url etc.
12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
# 7 (permalink)
164creativedesigns
actually I have checked it, and the code is a bit different it seems... i see the code you have above in the stylesheet.css file, your showering the button code to be under the first line, well what about the registration button, where does it go, underneath?
12-18-2010, 04:44 PM
# 8 (permalink)
maggoo
Please understand that this is a free module and customization is for members only.

Just split it, one for #openLogin and then all the css, and one for #openReg and then the css.
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
# 9 (permalink)
164creativedesigns
Here is my css code within the stylesheet.css file of the module.

/* opening buttons*/
#openLogin,#openReg{
background: url("http://164creativedesigns.com/community/images/stories/login.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
display:inline-block;
height:25px;
width:60px;
clear:right;
text-align:center;
line-height:25px;
background:#efefef;
border:1px solid #ccc;
color:#000;
text-decoration:none;
margin:10px 3px;
}

My image does not show up.
12-18-2010, 10:23 PM
# 10 (permalink)
164creativedesigns
Ok, so I sumhow have the images showing up, but cant get rid of the login and register text, and can't seem to get them to show fully, any help?