Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

.ca domain always taken

11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
# 1 (permalink)
ebreaka
Hi,

I just isntalled the whois module on my website and it's seems that the response from whois.cira.ca is wrong somehow... In the code i see response AVAIL ... but even if the domain is not taken, the script will ALWAYS tell its taken... somebody know how to fix this issue ?

All the other domains types work perfectly...
the issue apply only to .CA domains

I also noticed that even the demo on this website is having the same problem...

thanks in advance,
regards
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
Maybe a problem with the registrar?
Have a look here: http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_supp...xtensions.html, about the adjustements you could make.
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
# 3 (permalink)
ebreaka
I have found how to fix the issue with .CA domains

I suggest you guys to update the mod_yj_whois.php

Change AVAIL to "Domain status: available" and note, important, there is 9 spaces between status: and available... The forum is ripping the spaces and it won't work without the 9 exact number of spaces required...

Now everything is working fine...
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
Thanks for sharing it ebreaka, much appreciated.
Closed and solved as we say.