Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Youjoomla templates and k2.css override

03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
# 1 (permalink)
wakawaka
Question:

since Joomla! 1.5 is an MVC content management system and provides means to "override" default HTML layouts within a template's folder, I wanted to know if any of the youjoomla template (like Younews) already have a K2.css override?

A-What I'm trying to achieve with joomla K2 component and a Youjoomla template :

The website I am building uses the one and only Youjoomla template and has 3 major areas : news section, a knowledge base section, and a forum section. The K2 component will allow me to simply duplicate a template folder on the server within my main Joomla template - thereby creating another template to work with. That is, the K2 news section is different from the K2 knowledge section or the K2 forum section and so on.

B-What was recommended in using this component :

In order to use the K2 joomla component, and achieve the above, one has to usually copy the "tmpl" folder of a component's view within the Joomla! template's. Thus,I followed these recommended steps:.

Step a- Create a com_k2 folder.

1-create a folder called "com_k2" within /YOUJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/

2-copy "default" folder found within the /components/com_k2/templates/ and PASTE it into /templates/YOUJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/

3- renamed each "default" folder after sections I wanted.

Step b- K2.css.

Upload/copy the k2.css file from component/com_k2/cssthe to the templates/[your template name]/css folder.

Note:

The reason I asked the above is because if for example, the template Younews, or any youjoomla template, for that matter, already has a K2 override, its recommend that I just upload the contents of the html/com_k2/templates folder otherwise I will overwrite any existing k2 template.
05-28-2010, 12:06 AM
# 2 (permalink)
jaycburton
Hi - I am cleaning up old threads and noticed this one never got a reply. I am not aware of anything you would overwrite from a YouJoomla perspective using the procedure you described above. There has been some testing, as I understand it; however, it was to the YouBumpIt template or plug-in.
05-30-2010, 09:45 AM
# 3 (permalink)
wakawaka
Hi jay,

Yes, you are right, the post is indeed old and I think youjoomla in a way solved the problem.
I think at the time of this post, youjoomla hadn't released the youbumpit extensions for the K2 component. When I made the post i was searching for ways to have Youjoomla template overide the K2 templates.

But since the release of youjoomla's youbumpit extensions for k2, I found it more feasible not to go that rout and just use the bumpit-it extensions.

Thanks Jay
05-30-2010, 11:12 AM
# 4 (permalink)
jaycburton
Hi - Thanks for the update. I'll close this thread as solved; kindly let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.