Greetings, and welcome to the forums.
Interesting observation; I had never noticed that before, and you are absolutely correct that there is a delay in the article appearing in the module. The article would not display in the module even if I used the article manager to move it to the top position. It finally only displayed when I changed the date to the previous day, refreshed the page, and voila!
Regarding your specific question, there are no settings in the module parameters to make such a change. On a more positive note, the code is not obfuscated, so you are welcome to examine it and see if you can find a fix.