Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] how to setup mail . i can't send msg to email.

03-01-2010, 04:37 AM
# 1 (permalink)
uuonline
Hi admin

i can not send email . can you tell me how to setup it.
_____error___
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in
------------------
test url : http://cs.sinonets.com/dtbxf/index.php
uuonline
03-01-2010, 05:02 AM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hello

How is the email setup on your server?
Are you using PHP Mail Function or the SMTP ?,,seems like that is it..

Then you need to make sure you have put in the correct SMTP email and settings both on your server and in Global configuration..

Check also in the module,, where you have the option to fill out your SMTP email
03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
# 3 (permalink)
uuonline
my joomla email server is smtp ., not sendmail or phpmail

i can not find the smtp server setting in the Module Parameters, can you tell me where can do it.
thanks
03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

Test if the default contact form works (and make sure it uses the same SMTP email)
Also make sure you are using the correct email for the SMTP in the booking module aswell.
03-01-2010, 09:12 AM
# 5 (permalink)
uuonline
orion

can you login my server to setup it?

thanks
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
# 6 (permalink)
uuonline
many thanks Orion ! i have installed it with in the it5b.com, is good. i will remove my test site with new domain name. i think may be my smtp server is working at domain name. when i finished it i will put the all in here.

thanks!!!!Orion
03-01-2010, 11:31 AM
# 7 (permalink)
orion_
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuonline
many thanks Orion ! i have installed it with in the it5b.com, is good. i will remove my test site with new domain name. i think may be my smtp server is working at domain name. when i finished it i will put the all in here.

thanks!!!!Orion
Okay.. I will mark the post as solved, but not close it, so you can confirm this after you finsh the work.

Thing is, this all needs to fit: Server settings, email settings, url from site to SMPT server etc..