Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Set a default ItemId if the Itemid missing in the URL?

01-03-2010, 04:28 PM
# 1 (permalink)
gidenskold
My problem is quite simple...

I want Joomla to use a default ItemId when it´s missing in a URL.

The base of the problem is that i want to show articles in a different view then it shows i the "home" menu.

When I disable some modules from being used with the hole site they vanish when I want to read an article that's originate from the "frontpage" because the "frontpage" missing the Itemit as default in the URL.

So I want to some way tell Joomla that if itemid missing to use Itemid=99 as default, then I can build the modules for Itemid=99 direct in the database.

Regards,
Fredrik Gidensköld
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
# 2 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidenskold
My problem is quite simple...

I want Joomla to use a default ItemId when it´s missing in a URL.

The base of the problem is that i want to show articles in a different view then it shows i the "home" menu.

When I disable some modules from being used with the hole site they vanish when I want to read an article that's originate from the "frontpage" because the "frontpage" missing the Itemit as default in the URL.

So I want to some way tell Joomla that if itemid missing to use Itemid=99 as default, then I can build the modules for Itemid=99 direct in the database.

Regards,
Fredrik Gidensköld
Hi - When you encounter this situation currently, what do you see, a 404 error page? Or something else?
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
# 3 (permalink)
gidenskold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycburton
Hi - When you encounter this situation currently, what do you see, a 404 error page? Or something else?
Hi,

If you go to www.bagskytte-online.se (can be slight slow, nightly backups) and click on "Brady Ellison wins Arizona Cup 2009 ". You will get the article in "full screen" but that is not what i want.

If i add Itemid=99 (that's manual database hack I did) to the URL: Brady Ellison wins Arizona Cup 2009

The I got the view that I want...

If I did not use VBullitine I could use the module settings to show ALL on these modules.

Regards,
Fredrik Gidensköld
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
# 4 (permalink)
SomeoneHere
In basic what you are after is to build up the usage of different modules pr article? Since some articles might not have a menu item you can link the modules up to.
And the articles will be shown at frontend trough a module?
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
# 5 (permalink)
gidenskold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneHere
In basic what you are after is to build up the usage of different modules pr article? Since some articles might not have a menu item you can link the modules up to.
And the articles will be shown at frontend trough a module?
Yes, I want to use some type of default menuitem (Itemid) for artcles that not has one.

If Itemid = '' then Itemid = '99'

Regards,
Fredrik Gidensköld
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
# 7 (permalink)
SomeoneHere
I did some quick testing here local regarding this,but no success so far.
What could be an easier solution would be to exlude left/right modules when visiting the jfusiion link if that is something that could work for you?
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
# 8 (permalink)
gidenskold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneHere
I did some quick testing here local regarding this,but no success so far.
What could be an easier solution would be to exlude left/right modules when visiting the jfusiion link if that is something that could work for you?
Do you know what module that makes the URL? Could I not simple change the code: that if the query string dose not includ Itemid it´s simple adds &Itemid=99 to it?

It´s not a pretty fix buts it´s should solve my problem.

Regards,
Fredrik Gidensköld