Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Multimediabox and VM Lightbox

12-28-2009, 07:51 AM
# 1 (permalink)
maggoo
On a site i intend to use the mbox to show off some pictures, just like in the youfashion demo (gallery thumbs module). This works fine.

The site will also be using virtuemart. In vm there is a standard lightbox for displaying pictures on the flypage. I would very much like the lighhtbox effect on the site to be the same everywhere, so i am trying to use the mbox effect also on the flypage. Unfortunately i can't get it to work.

Now i know that the file \administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ htmltools.class.php is calling the lighhtbox. By some changes in that file i can run the yooeffects lightbox in vm. The changes are mostly involving the rel for the lightbox.

So my question is whether it would be possible to call the mbox with a rel, and if so, if there are any other changes i would need to make to have this beautiful lightbox effect work in virtuemart.

TIA
12-30-2009, 06:59 AM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
Just asking for a rel and any other pointers to get that mbox working in vm, its not like i ask to rewrite vm. Ahwell, rather disappointing, too bad
12-30-2009, 08:55 AM
# 3 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggoo01
Just asking for a rel and any other pointers to get that mbox working in vm, its not like i ask to rewrite vm. Ahwell, rather disappointing, too bad
Hi - What you are seeking is considered custom work, and the support team does not provide or support such work. We will support some basic modifications, and in the case of Developer level members, some moderate modifications.

You are seeking to integrate a YJ module into VM. I would recommend that you hire someone to make such changes to your specifications, so you achieve the exact results you desire. There are myriad Websites where you can post such jobs.
12-30-2009, 09:45 AM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
Was afraid it would be interpreted like that, whereas i am only giving some background in my initial post as to how i would like to use mb. What it boils down to is whether mbox could be called upon with a rel. In that question i can not see a plee for custom work. The answer could be yes or no, and should it be yes i would like to know how. Would the entire mbox have to be rewritten then its a yes but, and then it would be indeed custom work. The rest of my question involves asking for some general pointers, cause i can always overlook some aspects.

So i am not asking for someone to code for me, i can type myself, i am merely asking for an alternative way to call upon the mbox etc etc, well see above...

Nevertheless, live's too short to argue over semantics, so best wishes and stuff, and i will leave the mbox for what it is
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
# 5 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggoo01
What it boils down to is whether mbox could be called upon with a rel.
MB works as designed in the situations where I've implemented it. What are you using to call it, or wanting to use to call it, VM?