Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Template looks better AFTER demo file installed

03-21-2008, 02:31 AM
# 1 (permalink)
annabanana
I dont get it. Why doesnt the template look like the demos without the demo data being installed. I want it to look as nice as the demo site but I dont want the demo articles, etc. What happens when demo data is installed? All the modules, styles, suffixes, are already built into the template, even without installing the demo data, right??? I never understood this.:unsure:
03-21-2008, 02:47 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
because template does not need DB to run but articles do , so we have to alter sample data sql file , when demo data is installed it overrides existing articles in standard joomla installation with the ones that we make. also changes position of modules, order of articles ect.
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
# 3 (permalink)
annabanana
Thanks for the quick reply Neo. I feel even more blonder. You mean the mysql data that you guys included have articles that uses features built into the template already right? If the template has a picture slideshow module or Latest/comment/news module, how come those modules are not shown as pretty or properly as when the demo data is installed?

Technically, I can start from scratch and build my own articles that calls up the modules that the demo data calls up, right?

Sooooo confused. Mebbe I should just use the demo data and manually delete all the articles and replace them with my own????? I hate to have to do that though. I want to e able to do it on my own without cheating, kinda. Point me in the right direction please. :S
03-21-2008, 03:07 AM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
well best way to have site look like demo is use demo and alter existing articles. otherwise you will have to do every module position and every article fro scratch.
03-21-2008, 05:50 AM
# 5 (permalink)
wbivona
Could you direct me to \"how-to\" install demo files.
I cant seem to get the site looking like I want it.
I know I have to add demo sql, but after extrating the demo files, I am unsure as to where to put them.
Thank You!!
03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
# 7 (permalink)
annabanana
Thanks Neo. Will do that I guess.