Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Videos do not play

07-09-2009, 08:07 PM
# 1 (permalink)
asenia
Hi I would like to post that I also have an issue with Movie Studio not playing videos.

But first I would like to say that for some reason I am unable to access the actual forum topic for the FREE support of this extension. It takes me straight to the "Club Template" forums. The only way I could access this thread was because it was the last one to have been posted in, therefore shows up underneath the forum topic. Even from this thread- if I try to slect any of the parent links in the breadcrumb above it will take me to the Club forums [which is empty]. Is this deliberate? Maybe I should be posting this issue in a another place altogther, but I just wanted to bring it to someones attention.

Back to my actual concern. I have downloaded the Trial, and installed on my website, with a custom template and to no avail the videos would not show.

I am currently using Joomla 1.5.12.

So to see if my template was what was causing the problem, and incase I had altered other files somehow, I did a fresh install of Joomla in another directory, note version 1.5.11 though.

The Pop Login was now working, but the videos aren't. The videos are in the correct directory, under media/yjstudio_video, and are FLV. I have uploaded quite a few videos previously, however there is only one at present.

Any help would be most appreciated [here] as I am unable to access the actual forum as stated above. I would love to buy this product if only I could get the video to work

I had tested a few other FLV players and they appeared to work fine. But I prefer this one overall.
07-09-2009, 08:16 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
this is the right forum for free version and please do not continue old posts , make your own thread and before posting read forum rules and use search function

you have space in your file name , WoW 2009-07-09 12-20-20-34.flv

no spaces
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
# 3 (permalink)
asenia
Im sorry to sound a little aggressive, but If you read my post, I said that I was UNABLE to access the FREE forums it would take me straight to the Club forums, there seems to be an error with the links, and I even had someone else test it out and had the same problem. Therefore I was FORCED to bring up this old thread which I apologise for, yet also was not intentional for that reason stated.

I read the rules, and used the search function, and only a few threads emerged, with the same problem with no real answer other than to read the forums. The spaces were not the problem. Ironically, after typing all that out, I looked over the permissions again and there was just one value missed. An error on my part, I admit, and now it appears to work. But thank you for the reply, and I appreciate you taking the time to look... I understand this can become tiresome