Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Problem with Tabs Carousel and Template

07-02-2009, 08:42 PM
# 1 (permalink)
RSprinkel
Hi All,

I am new here and just downloaded this for Joomla 1.5.11. I am currently using this with a custom theme. However when I enable the mod it makes the whole content area full width of the site. But if I disable the module the site goes back to normal. The template width is set at 950pixels wide, but again with the module enabled it stretches the whole site.

Any ideas as to where or what I Can do to get this to change

THanks in advance.
07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
we need a link to your installation but make sure you have the mod published in desired module position that might be the issue
07-04-2009, 08:29 PM
# 3 (permalink)
RSprinkel
Hi Neo,

Ooops sorry about that. Actually I was gonna post a link, but I have since deleted the whole thing and have started over as I had an issue with something else and couldn't get that issue resolved. I have re-installed everything other then the content and still have the issue.

I currently have it set in the Header module position, but have tried various positions too and still it is the same. WAY TOO WIDE, lol.

Thanks again for the reply.

This is what it should look like. This SS was taken without the module enabled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg site.jpg (14.7 KB, 16 views)
07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
# 4 (permalink)
RSprinkel
Sorry but I need to finish up the site and can't wait any longer.

So here is a screenshot of what it looks like with the Tabs Carousel enabled. You can surely see the difference.

Hope this helps. If not please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg With_Tabs copy.jpg (16.4 KB, 10 views)
07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
post the mod in different position , right or left , seems like same class was used in template , turn off mootools in module settings
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
# 6 (permalink)
RSprinkel
Thanks for the reply Neo

Ok have moved it into several positions, site looked ok when moved to left, right, user1, user2 with mootools turned off. But I need the tabs at the top where I had it any way of doing that with a few little modifications?
07-05-2009, 02:45 PM
# 7 (permalink)
neo
ok that it is template mod position error , not the module, module takes 100% width of mod position , if your div is not centered or has default width it will stretch the site
07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
# 8 (permalink)
RSprinkel
Ok thanks for the info. I will have to mess with the CSS and see if I can get some better results in the position I need it in. Not too CSS Savvy but I will work on it.

Again thanks for the help and the info, very much appreciated.
07-05-2009, 02:58 PM
# 9 (permalink)
neo
just find that div where mod position is and in css set the fixed width with overflow:hidden;

example if in index.php you find <div id="user1"><jdoc:include type="modules" name="user1" /></div>

find in template.css #user1 and add width and overflow
07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
# 10 (permalink)
RSprinkel
THanks for the info.

Well I found it in the index.php and it is listed as showcase. Here is what I found in the template.css for showcase.

#showcase {
overflow: hidden;
padding: 10px;
}

#showcase2 {
width: 236px;
float: right;
overflow: hidden;

Showcase2 is right next too it. No width was specified anywhere for the showcase.