Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Template- Error uploading file to server

06-11-2009, 09:46 AM
# 1 (permalink)
logicom
I an trying to install a template. In extention manager I click on browse to locate the template file to download, but nothing comes up to browse or select the file. Nothing happens. I even tried to just cut and past file location, then click upload file and install, but then it says 'error in uploading file to server', same error if you put nothing in there and click upload. I have viewed everything on how to download a template in Joomla. It is not the process I need help on, but a bug in not being able to see the files to browse and not manually being able to put in location of file.

Can anyone help?
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Im not sure I understand you right, but,,,
Are you trying to "download" the template straight into joomla backend ?

You must first download the template to your computer.
Make sure you know the location,
Do not unzip

Now you log into admin /extensions/install - uninstall /browse and you should be able to find the location you downloaded the template zip file.
Click it and hit upload.
Now you should see the template in template manager.

As I said, I'm not sure I understood what you meant, but this is the way to install templates,