Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Overlay / Z-index and SEF issue.

12-02-2011, 02:14 PM
# 1 (permalink)
latinflava31
Hello all, I searched the forums but can't seem to find a response to this so here goes.

I am using Joomla 1.7 template that uses T3 framework with MegaMenu navigation. I love the YJ Pop Login and is exactly what I need. At the moment I have gotten it to work with the exception of two issues as described below.

1. The YJ Pop Login seems to display above everything but the MegaMenu. By default the z-index for the login and registration popups in YJ Pop Login are set to 1000000 which should in theory display above all other content. The z-index for the Mega Menu is 11. Since the user can still scroll the page when the popup is active I need the popup to display on top of everything including the MegaMenu.

2. It seems that this module is not compatible with SEF. When I have SEF enabled in Joomla Settings the module doesn't work with content pages. Meaning it will work and log in and out of any page with the exception of article pages that have sef friendly url's. It throws one of two errors.
a.404-Article Not Found
b. Invalid Token
I would love it very much if you could assist me in getting these issues resolved. Thanks in advanced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loginoverlay.jpg (13.8 KB, 14 views)
12-02-2011, 09:48 PM
# 2 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
I would love to assist you too. But unfortunately in order to receive forum support you need to be a member of our club. Which you are not.

So i am sorry, but i am really not suppose to help you.

*Little hint though, try using "position:absolute;" it always brings out the thing you need to the top...
12-06-2011, 05:59 PM
# 3 (permalink)
latinflava31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou
I would love to assist you too. But unfortunately in order to receive forum support you need to be a member of our club. Which you are not.

So i am sorry, but i am really not suppose to help you.

*Little hint though, try using "position:absolute;" it always brings out the thing you need to the top...
On a free extension? Very odd but okay then.
12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
I am sorry about this , sure we offer support on free extensions. This is what this forum is for. I am testing 1.7 version now and will respond in few minutes
12-19-2011, 09:03 PM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
as for your first question , provide a link to your install so I can check what the module holder z-index is set at , seems like template is overriding it and I would say T3 mega menu does it
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
# 7 (permalink)
latinflava31
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
as for your first question , provide a link to your install so I can check what the module holder z-index is set at , seems like template is overriding it and I would say T3 mega menu does it
Hi there and thanks for the follow up. I am now back from the holiday season and catching up on a few things.

Unfortunately I can't provide link as it is in a local install with wamp.

However I have scoured my css and as you guessed it was the mega menu z-index causing the overlap issue. Set it to a lower setting gradually until it was resolved. I haven't noticed any side effects from it so it seems to be working now for the overlapping issue.

As for the SEF issue I thank you for the info. I have tried it with a few other login modules and I get the same results. This tells me it is not your plugin, but something else in the joomla settings/code. I will let you know what I find if anything. Thanks
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
just tested , placed module in any mod poz , went into news article clicked on logout button and works fine SEF on . Troubleshooting help:

if you set the login redirect , make sure that the item that is being redirected to is published and access set to public , but it would be better if you can post a link so I cant see it in action on your end
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
# 10 (permalink)
neo
what I see going on is that only way you will get invalid token ms is if you logout and go back 1page and hit logout button again , the cache is holding your page and it seems like you are still loged in. But this is cache issue. I will look in to destroying session but I doubt it will change anything since it is joomla cache that does this