Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] YJ Piecemaker only working on some PC's

06-01-2011, 09:20 PM
# 1 (permalink)
sharpv47
Hi,

I have installed the YJ Piecemaker on the website that I am creating, Sound Beach Wood Works, and it works great and I love it.

I tested it on multiple browsers and have had no problem.

However, the client whom I am making the website for is unable to see it and I told him to update his flash player and he still can not see it.

I also tested it at my fiance's house and could not see it on her laptop, and I updated to the latest version of flash player.

So I am wondering why some computers are not seeing the piecemaker in their browser even though flash player is installed.

Thanks for the help.
06-01-2011, 10:49 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

I am on a new computer, with latest version of flash player and tested your site in FF, IE, Chrome and Safari but I do not see the player on your site.
06-01-2011, 11:27 PM
# 3 (permalink)
sharpv47
This is what I see on any PC that I use at my house (desktop and a laptop):

Not sure why it doesn't show to other people.
06-03-2011, 10:45 PM
# 4 (permalink)
sharpv47
So I discovered something. When I go to www.soundbeachwoodworks.com I do not see the piecemaker.

But when I got to soundbeachwoodworks.com I can see it.

Is there a reason why it is only showing up without the www?
06-03-2011, 10:45 PM
# 5 (permalink)
sharpv47
So I discovered something. When I go to www.soundbeachwoodworks.com I do not see the piecemaker.

06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
# 6 (permalink)
mjason
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpv47
So I discovered something. When I go to Sound Beach Wood Works I do not see the piecemaker.

You are correct. Same issue on my site.
Welcome to Pa-Kua is working
http:/pakuaknowledge.com is not working with piecemaker

If you delete the xml file it will work for a few days and then stops again.
Please help. I can't use it with such a big bug...

Are you using advanced Module Manager by chance?
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
# 7 (permalink)
sharpv47
Got it to work, for some reason I needed to activate it on another page as well, then take it off the second page and works great.
06-04-2011, 02:07 PM
# 8 (permalink)
mjason
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpv47
Got it to work, for some reason I needed to activate it on another page as well, then take it off the second page and works great.
I think when you did that it just created a new xml file. It's a temporary fix. It's not working on your site without www again.
06-06-2011, 07:38 AM
# 9 (permalink)
neo
im trying to find the issues you guys have but on our demo and locals it does not matter what the link is , works in any case and that demo has been setup since the template release , no changes have been made to it

Youportfolio - Joomla Portfolio Template
Youportfolio - Joomla Portfolio Template
06-06-2011, 08:13 AM
# 10 (permalink)
colevr
same issue here...

our client's website: furiuscasa.com
Has the module installed.

When using www. the module doesn't work.

Solutions?

Thanks, Antonio

PS. We tried to add absolute urls into xml file, but nothing changed.