Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Optimization of YouJoomla Templates

12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
# 1 (permalink)
kory27
Hi,

I am about to do a round of speed optimization of several sites I have using YouJoomla templates. I have several questions that may save me time and make it a better experience:

1. Are these templates better optimized with JBetolo or JCH Optimize?
2. For either plugin, would you recommend excluding any module or ordering them a certain way?
3. I did briefly try JBetolo on YouBistro, but the center slideshow didn't work. Certainly a JQuery conflict. Any suggestions on how to best load the jQuery? By plugin or let the template handle it?
4. Any further suggestions?

I generally don't mind the "out-of-the-box" speed of these templates, but they score as D's on both YSlow and Google Page Speed. For SEO, I need to increase that for sure.

I am primarily using YouBistro, YouTravel, and YouResponse but will be using others too. I just figure they have a lot of the same in common due to framework, etc.

I hope that any information shared on this board can help others with this tedious task.

Thanks in advance!

Kory

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: www.bobrooks.com

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Client
12-10-2013, 03:49 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
I have not used any of those plugins so I cannot tell you which one is better.
But the speed factor depends on many things and first one is your server optimization

I tested all 4 templates you named and none of them got under B on YSlow
Compare Reports: joomlatemplates.youjoomla.info, joomlatemplates.youjoomla.info, joomlatemplates.youjoomla.info, joomlatemplates.youjoomla.info | GTmetrix

Screenshot by Lightshot
12-10-2013, 03:50 AM
# 3 (permalink)
neo
on that screen in order from left to right they are

Yougrids
Youresponse
Youtravel
Youbistro

and we did not even optimize the images and some don't even have css compressed
01-29-2014, 09:55 AM
# 4 (permalink)
kory27
Hi Neo,

The one I'm optimizing now is CorpVision at www.homecarepbc.com.

One thing is the slider .cvimageslider h1 class is an H1. When you have more than one slide, you now have more than 1 H1 on your page. That is generally considered very bad for SEO purposes. Any insight on how to do this differently?

Secondly, I ran the site on GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization. It scored:

Page Speed - 54%
YSlow - D

Page Speed primarily is giving F's to:

Defer parsing of Javascript
Specify Image Demensions

YSlow is primarily giving F's to:

Add Expire Headers
Make Fewer Http requests
Use Gzip
Use a CDN
Use cookie-free domains

The site is loading in 4.5-5.5 seconds or so on average. Ideally, I'd like to get it to 2-2.5 seconds.

I currently have progressive cache and system cache on, but do not have JCH optimize, but have purchased it so I will be implementing it soon. Figured I'd buy it so I actually get support. This may solve a lot of this.

Given your knowledge of the template, do you or your colleagues have any insight for raising the grade(s) and increasing the speed of the site?

Thanks.
01-29-2014, 02:19 PM
# 5 (permalink)
kory27
Also, additionally, I just realized that the H1 is controlled in the image slider module. That simplifies things. I just have to find, or make a new css class for it. Suggestions welcome.

But, none of the item pages have an H1 on it. Suggestions here?

Thanks again.

Kory
01-31-2014, 06:04 AM
# 6 (permalink)
arefund
Answered on this thread.

http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_supp...5084#post55084
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
02-28-2014, 09:47 PM
# 7 (permalink)
Lucas_mmmm
Just to share
With JCH Optimation Free and Moviedom template can get 94% Grade of GT Matrix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grade gtmatrix.jpg (93.6 KB, 9 views)