Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

browser window fades to black, then does nothing

06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
# 1 (permalink)
pitirf
Multimediabox is exactly what I need for the site Im working on, and it installed with no worries. I published the mambot, and created a link to an offsite .asf video file.

When clicked, the browser window goes black, but no video ever loads. I should note, the screen goes completely black, not a transparent screen over the source page. If I click my mouse, the black screen fades back to the source page.

[hide]http://krcbsandbox.org/Sonoma-County-Appellations/Video-On-Demand/Sonoma-County-Appelations.html[/hide]

I tried various videos in different formats (wmv, mov, etc.) and got the same result each time.

Im using FF 2.0.0.14 when I get this result.

If I use IE 7, it simply opens Windows Media Player.

Thanks for the great product, I hope I can get it to work with a little help

EDIT: Any chance this could be a z-indexing issue in my css? Id really like for this to work - if it doesnt, Ill have to commit to a different media playing solution (Im coming up on a launch date I cant escape!).

Help!:S
07-03-2008, 01:38 PM
# 2 (permalink)
pitirf
Um...hello? Anyone out there?
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
# 4 (permalink)
pitirf
I had disabled multimediabox as I was getting to many questions about why is my browser black and broken from our staff here...

Go to this URL:

http://krcbsandbox.org/Sonoma-County...pelations.html

Then click the first item, \Alexander Valley Appellation\.

Thanks for the response, this mambot will really make my life a bit easier if I can get it to work!
07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
# 5 (permalink)
pitirf
The files Im loading are off site, just so you know...

I did try it with some files that were on the same server, and got the same result though.
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
delete this

style=\font-weight: 700\

and prototype will not work with mootools

same thing with moo.fx.js

these are libraries that conflicting with each other

you need to understand that you are trying to combine 3 different libraries plus some additional js , this will not work
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM
# 7 (permalink)
pitirf
Aha! That makes sense, I wasnt sure what to be looking for, this helps a lot!

Now I have to figure out what is conflicting and if I can live without it...any ideas there? Could it just be my template?

I notice I also am using lightbox - is that relevant?

Thanks for bearing with me, Im new to setting up Joomla .js libraries so this is all very educational.
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
yes much relevant , your versions conflicting with ours, I would get different template or one of ours , there is no conflict with our scripts and our templates
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
# 9 (permalink)
pitirf
Wow, a new template is a huge step - Ill have to consider that carefully. My css file is unusually large because we load many external scripts, and Ive heavily modified it to work with other components already (lots of z-indexing issues).

Ill have to consider this a big project now, rather than a nice little add-on.

Thanks so much for the insights!