Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Can I use this extension to limit access to just one menu item on my site?

05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
# 1 (permalink)
vivaasiamagazine
Hi Guys,

did some research in joomla and found all the good reviews about this extension. I downloaded it and placed it at the bottom of my home page. It looks great and when I click on register I love the way it looks.

However, I need to work out if I can assign it so that it works on access to just one particular area of my site http://www.myjakartaconcierge.com/in...-news-releases

I went into the menu assignments for that particular menu item but cannot see how to point it to your extension. Hope this makes sense.

Any directions would be most appreciated.

Jim

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: www.vivaasamagazine.com

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No
05-18-2012, 01:20 PM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello vivaasiamagazine.

You have to assign the module just on that menu item like this:

Go to your administration/extensions/module manager/find the YJ Pop login and in the Menu Assignment area assign it only on News Releases menu item.

Thank you.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
05-18-2012, 10:50 PM
# 3 (permalink)
vivaasiamagazine
Thanks for the response. I have done that but when I click on news release nothing happens it just goes normally to the news release section?

Jim
05-19-2012, 01:01 PM
# 4 (permalink)
arefund
Can you please pm me with admin info's so i can see what's wrong, much better and much faster, and when i fix it i will let you know what was the issue.
05-20-2012, 03:03 AM
# 5 (permalink)
vivaasiamagazine
Thanks have sent you a PM.

Jim
05-20-2012, 09:25 AM
# 6 (permalink)
arefund
It's working now you didn't put the position for the module.
05-20-2012, 09:39 AM
# 7 (permalink)
vivaasiamagazine
thanks arefund. When i try to register it redirects me to Registration Form

and when i click on the Media Releases Button on the top menu bar it does not add me to login or register?

Jim
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
# 8 (permalink)
arefund
It redirects you to the k2 user profile registration page, and i cant find the Media Releases Button ?
05-20-2012, 11:37 AM
# 9 (permalink)
vivaasiamagazine
Sorry it is called News Releases it is the last menu item on the top menu bar.

Jim
05-21-2012, 08:53 AM
# 10 (permalink)
arefund
It should not add you to the login or register, because its a menu item and your module is only published on that menu item.