You can make a ranking of the best custom made to your site templates, extensions, etc. This will stimulate the creativity of your users and you will see new ideas how to structure a site.
Can distinguish several groups - Best online store, best news site the best "green" site, etc.
Hi, first let me say that YouJoomla has helped me so much in learning Joomla and expanding my own creative ideas - THANK YOU!
As for suggestions to your new site redesign, I would like to see a simpler member search both in the extensions area and in the templates.
Keep up the good work! You have a dedicated customer here:D
Very pleased that the respected studio, helping to make our websites more functional, better and ... beautiful, are decided to use yourself experience to your site.
I would suggest for new site design consider the following points:
1. It would be nice to use for the proposed template tags that define their optimal orientation / use. For example: business, blog, catalog, e-commerce, etc., it would quickly find suitable options templates.
2. The same fully applies to the submission of extensions, that is, to make the system tagging - in any of the presented templates can be seen the proposed extension in action.
3. Change the system of demonstration extensions.
Now, how the expansion in action, you can see in one of the templates are used that are not fully display their abilities.
I would like to see the show of work extensions in two versions: without template (pure) and in the template - to do it help the system of tag, indicating what templates are used this extension.
This will allow more fully evaluate the performance of the module or plugin.
4. Revise the DOWNLOAD section - the main key ideas - show the visual design (sketches) of products for downloads.
There are a few suggestions, but they are out of this subject and more to do with expanding the range of customers, and I am ready to share his thoughts, if it need.
With best wishes,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!
Good luck and good creative ideas!
1. Currently you can do that on our demo showcase , and that will be ported with native news items and demo showcase
Joomla Templates - Youjoomla Templates Demo
2.will be same as 1
3. you have a point there , 30 days membership for you :). I will make sure that plain visual and technical presentation of extensions is available on 1 demo page with all available extensions listed and seen in action. This will run on joomla native template so that you can actually see the default.
4. pointed out and our biggest concern.
What I would like to see
Wishlist from the new guy:
1. On either the Club Templates or Extensions page: Ability to sort by any available/populated field/attrib (size, date added, date updated, supported Joomla version(s), etc. etc.). This will only become more evident as your portfolio of templates and extensions expand over time;
2. Faster access to the demos, especially the template demos - i.e. more links in more places (or just more convenient/constantly close by - like the User menu block up in the header area of your site now;
2ABC.....lol - More and direct access to the things that matter to the customer, being content of yours - that we actually use. Customize the FOCUS of the portal/account page to highlight what they've downloaded, aiming them at tutorials, manuals, videos, forum posts (stickies), and other materials related and pertinent to their templates/extensions they use. Links such as technical specifics of templates like their module styles, positions, params and so on that matter to us when we're setting them up for example. I refer to them pretty regularly until I finish a milestone of completion on a site. Specifics related to extensions too. Maybe have a way for us to specify which template(s) and/or extensions we use in our profiles somewhere or it just detect what we've downloaded, and that in turn will create a My Stuff page or whatever, that automatigically creates us links to the aforementioned content items. Any related pages too - internal or external (if any). Possibly even have the download system detect what we've downloaded and using that as well?
4. Breakout sections of technical specifications (esp for templates). Currently everything is written in a paragraph format. Change that a bit. Have it be sectioned out instead, so that it is a more technical layout marketing a technical product to techie Joomla Freaks like us ;D
Template/Extension Name: _________
Supported Joomla version(s): _________
Created &/or Updated Last dates: _________
and for templates be sure to specify overall layout options: # columns, # mod positions, # of styles, etc. and then go into the position names themselves, so that those too can be searched online - i.e. so users can find say, all your templates that use a particular module position(s) as 1 example.
Additionally, be sure to include all the particulars regarding what module(s) you used in your actual demos, and what you did where (frontend or backend - screenshots? vid clips/tutorials?) so that your users can pimp out their sites to make them look like yours without having to do the whole demo install and wiping their own sites or other such complicated and time-consuming steps to get there too.
The above format changes will not only streamline overall design, and workflow, but also the customer/user experience will get a nice upgrade on top of the added benefit of the above "labels" being searched against (i.e. "joomla 2.5" query returning all templates with 2.5 support sort of thing)
I think you get the jist now. Maybe you're already doing this in the upcoming overhaul, so if you are - sorry for the duplication....but I haven't seen it yet with my own eyes - so mention it here jik.
I am sure I will think of more....will update here if I do.
Hi,thank you very much for:..you have a point there , 30 days membership for you...:)
In a previous post I talked about the proposal which, in my opinion, could expand the range of your customers.
1. I am not from English-speaking country. I'm from the Russian-speaking countries. And I know the complexity associated with the translation of extensions, applications, and templates to another language.
Clearly, this is not a major problem for your company. Of course, we can use Google Translator. But there are quite a number of extensions that are integrated into the site and do it much faster and easier.
Therefore, step one:
If you make a multilingual site, I think this step will expand the geography of your customers and increase their number!
I understand that the quality of automatic translation is far from perfect,
so the second step:
You can to attract in mutually beneficial, interested web developers - who is a native speakers, to translate the extensions and templates of your company to own (native) language. Joomla allows to do is not very difficult.
It direction can develop further, but I would have stayed as long as these two steps!
2. Several adjustments to the current situation, this a not complete offers for improvements, but, its offer for usability :
You have a good Template Yougrids Joomla 1.6 Template in Free Templates, although this template is already in version 1.7, which in my opinion is more in demand than 1.6 - just need to change the name to Yougrids Joomla 1.7 Template, it's easier for clients (if we consider that Yougrids for Joomla 1.5 template is defined as for 1.5)
About the placement of the menu item - OUR SHOWCASE - it is at the very end of menu, when you are look to the site, the menu item PRODUCTS, you do not come to it! At the end of the menu as usual to see anything type of: Contact, About Us, etc., ie logically completes the review of a site. Maybe it would be right to put OUR SHOWCASE paragraph menu or directly into category PRODUCTS, or next to it!?
You could categorize your templates like, Portfolio, Market, News etc. It make it easy for us to find templates for our needs plus the Search module that they mention other members before. That would be grade!:)
Here is my suggestions -
1. Facebook integration, a login integration with facebook.
2. Community showcase - A place where you can put links to your Youjoomla sites for all to see and get inspired by.
3. Competition site - Where you can put up competitions to engage your members - like creating the best site for 30 day membership.
4. link by each template "Members showcase" that links to a setup where members have posted their sites for inspiration that they have built with that template.
5. Points system for active members that can be exchanged for cool stuff like exclusive templates or memberships. Points for posting inspirational link, buying membership, posting in forum etc.
Thats my ideas - the template inspirational links are the one i like the best :)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.