Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YouGrids (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Inserting Header Logo (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=7773)

dadaal2012 03-03-2011 04:45 AM

Inserting Header Logo

Link
  • to my install: Home
  • PHP version: 5.2.16
  • MySql version : 5.1.54-log
  • YouGrids version - for Joomla 1.6.0
  • No custom modifications to original files

Greetings. I’m working on the Y-Grids template and trying to customize it for a website.

I recently bought the developer membership, because I’m still bit of a noob, and am seeking the comfort of having access to support. I am quick learner however and will try not to use up too much of your time. Please can you help me with the following: Please advise on this fairly simple (not for me) modification to the YouJoomla Y-Grids template. THANKS

1. In your websites template, in the top-right, there is an image that reads “Joomla templates just got better! ....”.
o I believe it’s called yjbanner.jpg and it sits in module position “header 3”
o How can I place my own banner there?

2. Also, in your templates frontpage it appears that under the Menu, one of the “Adv” modules is used for that large image with booklet/CD.
o How for example can I activate those “Adv” modules? Because I don’t they’re active in the free template.

3. For that matter, how can I activate individual models, insert the text that I want, or perhaps even extensions?

This started with a simple question – insert a header logo – but then expanded. However, essentially they all amount to the same: How do I activate modules and insert content, extensions, or plugins?

neo 03-03-2011 08:56 AM

hello ,

1. that is a just a banner module position ,go to modules and find module published in header1 position name banner ,

2. Again modules , go to modules and publish it in adv1 module position

3. You activate them by setting the to published and assigned in specific module position

see available module positions

YJSG Module Positions

dadaal2012 03-03-2011 01:58 PM

Thanks!

I'm getting the gist of how to use the modules. Played around with and and ...well thanks.

This thread started with my attempt of trying to change that header1 image, as you indicated.

So, assuming that I need to create a module and appoint it to that position, I was temporarily stumped as to how to create a module that is an image (such as your example template).

The only option that seemed a workable was utilizing the "Module Manager: Module Custom HTML"... then inserting an image via a html link.

I tested this out with the Joomla Logo (see here).

My Question:
Is this an efficient approach?

Or did use a more appropriate approach in inserting the images in your template, reading “Joomla templates just got better! ....”?

Thanks again.

neo 03-03-2011 02:45 PM

yes , that is how the original yougrids banner was made