Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YouGrids (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   YJSG Template Manager labels Joomla 1.6 (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=7696)

jeffdw 02-19-2011 12:43 PM

YJSG Template Manager labels Joomla 1.6

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having the same problem a few others had with the labels in the Template Manager that are not showing. I've tried all the suggestions like reinstalling the theme, but nothing has helped so far.

I've tried it with the template download and the demo download and I get the same result with both. I also didn't rename the template folder or change any files. Just downloaded the demo, unzipped and installed.

Joomla 1.6 English
Xampp for Windows
Apache 2.2
PHP 5.3.1

Maybe it's not important but I have Joomla running in a subfolder on localhost (http://localhost/yougrids/).

maggoo 02-19-2011 06:38 PM

Well with about 40.000 downloads i think it is save to say that it isn't template related, forum would be swamped then:)

Have you also checked this thread: http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_supp...correctly.html, and just in case, would it be possible for you to just install the demo in its own folder instead of a subfolder?

viet4777 02-25-2011 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I found in the file en-GB.tpl_yougrids.ini that
some keywords are not well formed.
Code:

MOBREG_LABEL=Turn on registratin form in mobile view
Just modified such as:
Code:

MOBREG_LABEL="Turn on registratin form in mobile view"
And now you can see the full Template Manager labels.

I attached file with some changes.

pkeijser 02-25-2011 11:12 AM

Thanks a lot, this was the solution.
Now I can use the template

artuspower 03-05-2011 06:23 PM

It was not helpful for me unfortunately :-(
I run Joomla on a local server - Wampserver - and overwriting this file did not help. Looks like the file was ignored at all. I tried to copy it to several folders but still the template config shows only labels. I also made fresh Joomla install, and several template reinstalls but did not help.
Any ideas what parameters I should set, so the language file was used?

glazweb 03-09-2011 02:48 PM

Re:

The last line of the file has to be modified too, same way that previous post...

Greetings !

artuspower 03-13-2011 05:30 PM

I did it of course but it did not help. I reinstalled Wampserver and template started to work correctly. Unfortunately, after another reinstallation it stopped working again. I can't tell what has changed. It's very strange.

ossipenko 03-18-2011 02:13 PM

I have solved the same problem

In my case it was Parsing errors in language files in: templates/yougrids/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_yougrids.ini : error(s) in line(s) 7, 8, 12, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 35, 40, 41, 43, 65, 67, 81, 83, 95, 97, 131, 134, 155, 157, 168, 171, 212, 216

and in the same file copy in site/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_yougrids.ini

In this strings are several type of errors:

1) # instead ; in comment strings,

2) needless spaces and ? in words like: NO ACCOUNT YET?="No Account Yet?" instead of NO_ACCOUNT_YET="No Account Yet?"

3)and strings like this STYLE_SETTINGS_TAB ="<div class="yjsgdetial"> Adjust your template style</div>" better make like: STYLE_SETTINGS_TAB ="Adjust your template style"

Totally file consist 27 parsing errors

I think you guess that to do if you inspect this strings. It's not difficult.

PS. Yougrids works normal at some Servers. I have problems with local server XAMPP but it works normal at remote server

PS2: I very easy find the solution when I switch on "Debug system" and "Debug language" in Adminpanel/Site/Global configuration/System

Hope I help somebody

neo 03-18-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossipenko (Post 36280)
In my case it was Parsing errors in language files in: templates/yougrids/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_yougrids.ini : error(s) in line(s) 7, 8, 12, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 35, 40, 41, 43, 65, 67, 81, 83, 95, 97, 131, 134, 155, 157, 168, 171, 212, 216

and in the same file copy in site/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_yougrids.ini

In this strings are several type of errors:

1) # instead ; in comment strings,

2) needless spaces and ? in words like: NO ACCOUNT YET?="No Account Yet?" instead of NO_ACCOUNT_YET="No Account Yet?"

3)and strings like this STYLE_SETTINGS_TAB ="<div class="yjsgdetial"> Adjust your template style</div>" better make like: STYLE_SETTINGS_TAB ="Adjust your template style"

Totally file consist 27 parsing errors

I think you guess that to do if you inspect this strings. It's not difficult.

PS. Yougrids works normal at some Servers. I have problems with local server XAMPP but it works normal at remote server

PS2: I very easy find the solution when I switch on "Debug system" and "Debug language" in Adminpanel/Site/Global configuration/System

Hope I help somebody

Darn! , and you report this after the update :) . Ok il go through those and apply fixes ,

as you noticed on some servers works fine , so i say it is xml parsing on the server. on my wamp and live servers I had no lang issues . but to make it clear il check for those and update the files , again :(

artuspower 03-18-2011 05:53 PM

Thanks, ossipenko! You were very helpful but it was not enough. By the way - how could I forget about debug mode?!
Anyway - there are two things more:
1) You need to copy the edited file also to language folder in main directory - the file is duplicated I don't know why.
2) There still were errors in lines 12, 29, 30, 31, 32. I had to correct NO ACCOUNT YET to NO_ACCOUNT_YET (add an underscore between the words).

So, guys, now you have your script debugged for local servers :-)

ossipenko 03-18-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo (Post 36286)
Darn! , and you report this after the update :) .
(

Sorry, but I solved this problem 20 min ago. And 20 minutes after this I spend trying to register here for free :).

ossipenko 03-18-2011 10:45 PM

I think it spend 5 min and can release 1.0.12 version. In attach

neo 03-19-2011 06:39 AM

i had to remove the attached file , the thing is if you remove the <div class="yjsgdetial"> style in template admin is gone and all 1.6 templates need changing . il post the right files in few days

neo 03-19-2011 06:42 AM

one more thing , after your post i downloaded xamp , and even with joomla issue with strict warning for php 3.5 lang file worked without issues. so il try to hunt down the actual server setting that is causing the error. on my wamp works of the bet also.

and these here that you added underscore

NO_ACCOUNT_YET

if changed in lang they need to be changed in the template/html folder files . registration and so on . so we must do some real searching

ossipenko 03-19-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo (Post 36307)
one more thing , after your post i downloaded xamp , and even with joomla issue with strict warning for php 3.5 lang file worked without issues. so il try to hunt down the actual server setting that is causing the error. on my wamp works of the bet also.

Maybe it happens with previous release of XAMPP 1.7.3.

Sorry for my attache files. Just I think somebody don't want to correct .ini files like me, they just replace language files. Maybe I'm not fully understand what really need, just I correct all lines which
which were marked in Language debug mode of Jomla 1.6.1 on Xampp 1.7.3

neo 03-19-2011 08:10 AM

thnx for advising , il try do digg out old xamp version, once again , only reason i removed your files is to avoid the confucsion and further frontpage output issues. like advise il look in to this and either prepare new update or advise of the server setting that is causing the issue

ossipenko 03-20-2011 02:26 AM

I install last release of XAMPP 1.7.4 and Yougrid 1.0.11 with original language files and it works normal.

But new PHP write non critical errors:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in F:\xampp\htdocs\kkkkk\templates\yougrids\elements\ yjsgversion.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in F:\xampp\htdocs\kkkkk\templates\yougrids\elements\ yjsgversion.php on line 36

artuspower 03-20-2011 06:16 AM

I installed YouGrid 1.0.11 and Joomla 1.6.1 on Wampserver 2.0 and the problem showed up. Changing .ini files as described above helped.

neo 03-20-2011 06:19 AM

yeah , i advised previously of strict , Joomla 1.6 is not addapted to 5.3.5, i say 3.0 max 3.1 is ok , you can add in any element file folder error_reporting(E_STRICT); like on top of the file , elements/yjmultitext.php and for frontend yjsgcore/yjsg_core.php also on top fo the file , but even the template will work , the joomla wil have issues with form and will report the error again. untill they decide to fix it , we will gain some time to move to 5.3.5 and up

neo 03-20-2011 06:20 AM

thnx guys for testing , please , each tester just advise of php and server version. we want to make sure that next release will kill all server related bugs

neo 03-20-2011 06:35 AM

anyone that has lang issue , if you could , please pack the php.ini file from your server , this will help us nail the setting that is missing

artuspower 03-20-2011 06:53 AM

Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0

ossipenko 03-20-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo (Post 36339)
anyone that has lang issue , if you could , please pack the php.ini file from your server , this will help us nail the setting that is missing

While I trying upload attach .zip with filesize 53kB upload window writes
"Exceeds your quota by 3.2 KB."

artuspower 03-21-2011 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There you are.
Please remove the attachement after download.

neo 03-24-2011 07:38 AM

ok , there was a change from php 5.2.x to 5.3.x in parse_ini_file

changelog from 5.2.5 to 5.3.0:
o Added 3rd optional parameter to parse_ini_file() to
specify the scanning mode of INI_SCANNER_NORMAL or INI_SCANNER_RAW. In
raw mode option values and section values are treated as-is.
* Added parse_ini_string() function. (grange at lemonde dot fr,
Arnaud)
* Fixed bug #46347 (parse_ini_file() doesn't support * in keys).
(Nuno)
* Fixed bug #45384 (parse_ini_file will result in parse error with
no trailing newline). (Arnaud)
* Fixed bug #44842 (parse_ini_file keys that start/end with
underscore). (Arnaud)
* Fixed bug #44575 (parse_ini_file comment # line problems). (Arnaud)
* Fixed bug #45956 (parse_ini_file() does not return false with
syntax errors in parsed file).

and i finally have the same as you guys , il adjust the lang files and advise

neo 03-24-2011 07:46 AM

ok and I fund real issue , it is not div class or # , only the space between the param DESKTOP MODE should be DESKTOP_MODE , and 1 question mark NO ACCOUNT YET? should be NO_ACCOUNT_YET so the fixes are easier

neo 03-24-2011 10:23 AM

OK , fix is up , now , I fund out that this happens only on 5.3.0 -5.3.3 , this was php parse_ini_file() bug and seems fixed from 5.3.3

due to this we cannot say that it is grid bug but the php bug , so we will not change the grid version.

Since we cannot know what php version you will have, we updated all 1.6 templates/demos ,

the fix is very simple ,

open

root/language/ en-GB/en-GB.tpl_TEMPLATE_NAME.ini

change
Code:

NO ACCOUNT YET?
DESKTOP MODE
MOBILE MODE
DESKOT  OFF
MOBILE OFF

to
Code:

NO_ACCOUNT_YET
DESKTOP_MODE
MOBILE_MODE
DESKOTP_OFF
MOBILE_OFF

than go to

root/templates/yourtemplate_name/layous/mobile/

folder

open all 4 files you see and find the text call you previously changed , simply add underscore where you see the empty space

example :
Code:

JText::_('DESKOTP OFF')?>
change to
Code:

JText::_('DESKOTP_OFF')?>