Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   You!Bubble (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Category title linkable problem (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=6509)

dmontpe 07-26-2010 03:13 PM

Category title linkable problem

Hi. Thanks for such a great template. I've run into a problem when switching an article to show the category title linkable. What happens is the hypertext of the category title extends to the full article content. Where's the problem?

I have one more issue but I will post it in a new thread in case it can help someone else.

jaycburton 07-26-2010 03:26 PM

Greetings, and welcome to the forums. :)

Can you post a link to your site, please?

dmontpe 07-26-2010 03:42 PM

You can see the problem here:

Lleva tu propio registro de suscritos

jaycburton 07-26-2010 04:15 PM

Hi - I looked at your site and noticed not all articles exhibit this behavior. Please check that specific article and see if you have some unexpected content in it.

dmontpe 07-26-2010 05:42 PM

Actually, some of them I had disabled the linkable category title and that's why that didn't happen. Now I have enabled it in all of them and it happens in every single one. Hypertext actually extends up to the first link in the content. It's like the </a> tag is not there.

That's why there is one article where the title link doesn't overextend. In that one, there is a <a name...> tag on top. Now, that gave me an idea for a workaround which I'll use if there's no other fix, but it seems to be a problem of the template which is not closing the title link tag.

jaycburton 07-26-2010 06:32 PM

Hi - I installed the YouBubble demo, then set 'Section Name' and 'Category Title' to "Show", and 'Section Title Linkable' and 'Category Title Linkable' to "Yes". It all works as expected. I will do a base Joomla install and try just the template next.

jaycburton 07-26-2010 07:03 PM

Hi - I installed Joomla 1.5.20, then installed only the YouBubble template. I then set 'Section Name' and 'Category Title' to "Show", and 'Section Title Linkable' and 'Category Title Linkable' to "Yes". As before, it all worked as expected.

Have you tried setting 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' to "No"? Beyond that, what extensions do you have installed, or what modifications have been made to any portion of the template?

dmontpe 07-27-2010 08:26 AM

I tried switching SEF to No and the problem's still there (made sure to clear cache and cookies).

jaycburton 07-27-2010 10:14 AM

Hi - Okay, what other modifications have you made to your files, and what other extensions are installed? As I said previously, I did not encounter this issue when testing on my server.

dmontpe 07-27-2010 10:58 AM

I kept modifications to the minimum. Most of them to gray.css to change colors and layout.css to add margin or padding. Haven't changed index.php at all. I've got AEC for membership and Kunena forum. Other than that, I just added JCE Editor.