Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   Mint Fresh (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Mint Fresh body font size (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=5117)

roma64 12-27-2009 06:50 PM

Mint Fresh body font size

First of all, I would like to apologize for putting the question on a very old post and second, I would like to thank you very much for the great Mint Fresh template (J1.5). I am using a test bed and xamp, therefore and unfortunately, I am not able to give you a link. I am experiencing the same font issue as Ellie_ and made changes to font: 76%/1.5 Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif; but no matter what changes I make, the font stays the same. What is /1.5 for?. please, give us an example to use and then we can change the font size accordingly. I tried the following separate different line for the font and font family

font-size:12px;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif;

or
font-size:1.9em;

but no luck.

I am not running any JavaScript and I did remove the JavaScript portion from the Mint Fresh index.php file on line and 41 and 82 and still nothing.

Your assistance would be very much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours!

Roma64:)

jaycburton 12-27-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roma64 (Post 22960)
First of all, I would like to apologize for putting the question on a very old post and second, I would like to thank you very much for the great Mint Fresh template (J1.5). I am using a test bed and xamp, therefore and unfortunately, I am not able to give you a link. I am experiencing the same font issue as Ellie_ and made changes to font: 76%/1.5 Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif; but no matter what changes I make, the font stays the same. What is /1.5 for?. please, give us an example to use and then we can change the font size accordingly. I tried the following separate different line for the font and font family

font-size:12px;

or
font-size:1.9em;

but no luck.

I am not running any JavaScript and I did remove the JavaScript portion from the Mint Fresh index.php file on line and 41 and 82 and still nothing.

Your assistance would be very much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours!

Roma64:)

Hi - No problem, we are just trying to keep the board as clean as possible by having relevant posts where they belong.

I wasn't around in the days when this template was designed, and I must say I don't know why there is a "76%" and a "1.5" for the font size. My first question was 1.5 what? px, em, what? You might try eliminating the "/1.5" altogether and see if adjusting just the percentage value achieves the desired results. You might also try just (for example) 12px instead of "76%/1.5" and see what happens.

neo 12-28-2009 10:37 AM

1.5 is line height of the text , it is CSS shorthand for default text , js is controlling font resizing so if you remove it you need to set different font size and line height for body element is template_css file

jaycburton 12-28-2009 06:58 PM

@roma64 - I discussed this with Neo, and the "76%/1.5" in the file you have probably should be "76%/1.5em". You can make that change in your current installation in the template_css.css file, or download the template again.