Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   Multimediabox (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [SOLVED] Popup Close button not showing when Joomla SEF turned on (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=4951)

itips9273 12-04-2009 08:05 AM

[SOLVED] Popup Close button not showing when Joomla SEF turned on

Hi:

have just finished a new website using the wonderful "Realtor" YouJoomla template - which aslo included the Multimediabox extension. I actually used the Multimediabox v2.0.

Anyway, after a bit of testing and searching the YouJoomla forums, the minor weird problem I've got is that when displaying the image galleries, on the popup window that displays, the Close button normally displayed at the bottom right corner doesn't show up. However, turn off Joomla core SEF links and the Close button miraculously appears.

I'm also using a third party SEF Component: SEF Advance, but this doesn't appear to be influencing the problem: only when I turn off Joomla SEF in the Global Configuration > Site > SEO Settings does the problem disappear.

The same problem displays on a range of browsers including: IE8, Firefox 3.5.5., Opera 10, Safari, and Google Chrome, so doesn't appear to be browser-dependent.

I would appreciate it if anyone can suggest where else to start looking to find a remedy. Perhaps there's a javascript conflict somewhere?

Here's a link where you can see the problem: Landscape Photo Galleries - Kid Friendly Landscapes - Phoenix, Arizona, AZ - LandscapeCreator.com

I use Firefox mainly: just click a gallery preview image, click a "Next" or "Previous" button and you should see the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

neo 12-04-2009 02:08 PM

open plugins/content/bot_mb/css/yjmmbox.css

line 34

Code:

#close{width:24px; height:24px; right:-23px; bottom:-25px; margin-top:5px; cursor:pointer; position:absolute;}
change to

Code:

#close{width:24px; height:24px; right:-23px; bottom:-25px; margin-top:5px; cursor:pointer; position:absolute; background:url(../../../../plugins/content/bot_mb/images/close.png) no-repeat}
downloads are updated

itips9273 12-06-2009 08:23 AM

Hi Neo:

Thank you for suggesting the above code change. As soon as I saw it, I thought: that makes sense. I've made the update.

Yet much to my surprise, the problem remains - though there is a difference: when viewing the first popup, the Close button now displays, but as soon as the "Next" or "Previous" buttons are clicked, the Close button disappears and a weird corruption of the Close button displays instead (looks like it's missing the center). Maybe it's png thing :-)

Any further thoughts much appreciated.

SomeoneHere 12-06-2009 06:06 PM

Open FTP and browse to root of your site->plugins->bot_mb->js.
If you open the file called: yjmmbox_uncompressed.js and look for this piece of code here:
Code:

plugins/content/bot_mb/images/close.png
And replace it with this here:
Code:

http://www.landscapecreator.com/plugins/content/bot_mb/images/close.png
this sets the full path to the close button image.

The plugin uses the packed version of the javascript file,so you will need to open the file called bot_mb.php and find this line here(this file you will find in plugins folder):
Code:

$document->addScript(JURI::base() . 'plugins/content/bot_mb/js/yjmmbox.js');
and replace it with this here:
Code:

$document->addScript(JURI::base() . 'plugins/content/bot_mb/js/yjmmbox_uncompressed.js');
Save and upload the file and check your site if the button shows up fine now?

itips9273 12-07-2009 11:37 AM

Hi SomoneHere:

Thank you for your suggestion: your remedy absolutely fixed the problem! Because the site uses the Joomla Cache memory, I had to empty that first though, then force the browser to "Refresh" / "Reload" the page, then Close button appeared perfectly.

What a weird one!

So thank you once again :-)

I guess we can mark this thread as Solved.

SomeoneHere 12-07-2009 12:27 PM

Great, i see the title is Solved now,and good to hear its working for you