Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YJ Mega Menu Plugin (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Submenu over screen right side (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=14127)

Hotfox 02-22-2016 11:17 AM

Submenu over screen right side

Hello
The submenu is going "over the screen" on the right side; part of the menupoint can't be read.
can you please tell me what I've to do to solve my issue?
Many thanks
Bob

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: www.hundesport-pratteln.ch/site

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal

arefund 02-22-2016 12:59 PM

Hello Hotfox.
Please go to your template administration and try to change the menu style from smooth dropdown to dropdown, hit save and then put it back. After that please check.

Hotfox 03-04-2016 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Arefund
I've tried several times considering your input but the problem is still there: The submenu goes over the scree on the right side (--> see screenshot).
Thank you for further input/ideas.

arefund 03-07-2016 09:36 AM

Please check what is your latest plugin version, if its old one please update it.
Also please check if that is happening with the dropdown menu style.

Hotfox 03-07-2016 11:00 AM

Hello Arefund
my YJSG Plugin is 2.2.2 and (as per system) must not be updated.
Same issue also if I put dropdown menu style.
Bob

arefund 03-08-2016 06:23 AM

Your last menu item is on the right and when the dropdown is open that is making the vertical scroll. You can try to add one menu item without dropdowns to be the last one and that should do the trick.
I see the issue with the first dropdown level, will forward this to the developers.
As you can see the second dropdown level flip is working, if the dropdown reaches the end its flipping the side.
http://joomlatemplates.youjoomla.info/creativestudio

Hotfox 03-08-2016 06:26 AM

Hi Arefund
thank you for info. Just one point ... I'm not sure, but wasn't there a function in MegaMenu that said to move the submenu right/left. I think there was something once ... but it's possible that I'm wrong.

arefund 03-08-2016 06:36 AM

It should be automatically flipped, it's working for level 2, level 3 etc. but not for level1.
Will let you know asap.

Hotfox 04-04-2016 11:01 AM

Hello Arefund, any news on my topic???
Would be great if problem could be solved.
Thank you!

arefund 04-05-2016 09:18 AM

Sorry for the delay.
Was checking for this tested it again on my local site and as you can see here http://prntscr.com/aoeicv it is moving the menu from the right side.
New plugin version of the framework is out, please download and re-install it, after that please check if the issue is still there.

Hotfox 04-05-2016 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Arefund
I've installed YJSG Framework 2.2.3; cleaned chache, closed browser ... but it's still the same. Submenu is going over the right side of screen.
see pic

arefund 04-06-2016 07:26 AM

Can you please try to switch your menu now to smooth dropdown and please pm me with admin info's.

Hotfox 04-06-2016 08:33 AM

Have send you PM

arefund 04-08-2016 07:17 AM

Please check pm.

arefund 04-12-2016 09:14 AM

Please try this to be sure, install clean Creativestudio demo on your server, check for the menu and let me know if that is working, if yes then it's something on your page that is crashing the menu function.

Hotfox 04-12-2016 10:04 AM

Hello Arefund
I'll not install Creativestudio Demo because it's too complicated for me (I don't know how to do and this will take a lot of time for me).
But I let you know, that I've actually another (Test-)Site that I should go to implement in the next few days; also with Creativestudio and there I've the same issue.
You can see the website: www.businessengineer.net/hvg

arefund 04-13-2016 07:53 AM

I just talked to the developer and same on his side the menu is working properly, the flip is working. Please try to remove the css that you added extra in, disable custom.css file, of course first make a backup of that file and the css inside template admin panel.
After that please check for it, also please check if you have other css code added extra in if yes please disable it.

Hotfox 04-13-2016 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Arefund, thank you for feedback.
just tested: eliminated custom.css and disabled custom.css.
Issue still there ... no impact.

Then I've entered custom-code and enabled custom.css again and now a new issue: the sidepanel with the login opens directly over the full screen when website will load!!!
I didn't change anything other than explained above!!!!

Hotfox 04-14-2016 11:38 AM

Hello, any news on my reply? I need urgent solution because website cannot be seen. thank you!!!

arefund 04-15-2016 10:00 AM

I am still checking to find out what can cause the issue with the menu, not quite sure.
Tried on my local to install the demo and order the menu items as you did, but same, its working on my side.
Also for the side panel, its working without issues on your page.
Checking for it further will advise you asap.
Can you please advise if you had that issue before on previous templates.
Also please try to download some other template and install it assign it as default and check if the menu will work. Please make a backup first.

Hotfox 04-15-2016 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Arefund
first of all .. I've reinstalled the backup so the issue with the sidepanel does not exist anymore.
Then I've installed different templates for check; last one is template "Creative" because it has also the menu on top on the right.
But the menu is not on the right, but below the logo on the left --> see pic

my test-site: www.hundesport-pratteln.ch/site

arefund 04-19-2016 08:01 AM

It looks like the menu is set to be flexible inside template administration, change it to in-header. You can't check this issue with this template, the header is inside the site width 1200px. The best way is as i sad before to install default creativestudio demo and check then for the menu.

Hotfox 04-19-2016 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Arefund
Top-Menu is set as "in-header" and as "smooth dropdown"; so, all as mentioned by you.

Just to show you: I've my site on hundesport-pratteln.ch/NET and the test-site on hundesport-pratteln.ch/SITE

On the productive-site NET the website is set on "full width" and the submenu goes over the screen. On the test-site SITE the website is set on "boxed" and you see that the navigation/submenu is working as requested.
--> see screenshots (navigation1 and navigation2)

One last thing I'm wondering:
- In boxed version I have a specific with and also some headers and extrapositions are boxed --> navigation is working as should be
- in the full-width version the header and extraposition goes over the full width of screen but the remaining parts of the website are likely "boxed", centered on the screen with some space to the border of the screen; the logo is completely on the left, the navigation is completely on the right --> and in this case the navigation/submenu is not working properly (--> see screenshot "page full width")

arefund 04-20-2016 07:01 AM

You can try to add div that will hold your logo and menu inside the box width.
Please try this, go to templates\your_template\layouts\yjsg_headerblock_c ustom.php file
Create one div that will hold the header div, above line #13 add this:
Code:

<div class="header-out yjsgsitew">
and close the div above the comment at the bottom:
Code:

</div>
<!-- end header -->

After that check your page and check if that is ok with you.