Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YJ Module Engine (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Disable Title on mouse over, inherit image from k2 item, preffered image size (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=13131)

olagroup 09-30-2014 10:21 AM

Disable Title on mouse over, inherit image from k2 item, preffered image size

Hi all,

I have been installed a youjoomla module engine in a new joomla site
Olagiatogamo.gr |

Although the module is looking so pretty I cannot configure it, perhaps because I am newbie also in K2 framework. Please help me by answering the following questions:

1. Is it possible the module to inherit image from the k2 item? I noticed that if I do not set manually an image item the module does not appear any image.
My question could more generic for all k2 items. Should I set for each item the k2 image to be displayed?

2. Can I disable the mouse over title? If the title is big the problem is that it is been displayed as cut...

3. Which is the best image size to be selected in order the whole image to be presented in the module? If you see in the Olagiatogamo.gr | you will see the bad result for both modules "YJ Module Engine"

Thanks in advance,
Ioannis C.H.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Olagiatogamo.gr |

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Client

neo 10-01-2014 05:49 AM

1. k2 item must have images for them to be displayed
2. you can disable title in module settings
3. I dont know about that it depends on your website and those should be your own settings

olagroup 10-01-2014 08:30 AM

Hi neo,

about 1. So I should set for each k2 item an image independently of the fact that it could contain an image inside content, right?

about 2. Please have again a look on Olagiatogamo.gr |
I have two identical modules to the demo of template: "J Module Engine / with title" and "New YouJoomla Engine without title". As you can see although the image title disappears after each item image, the mouse over title is always displayed even if it has been disabled from the module settings. Is it a bug?

about 3. OK!

thank you again for your quick response

neo 10-02-2014 06:13 PM

1. you are confusing me , Screenshot by Lightshot the items have own images already
so what is it that you want in content ?

2. I thought you were talking about title under image , sorry

add this in custom.css Using Custom CSS file | Advanced | Documentation

.cmoduleengine .yj_hover_title{
display:none;
}

Screenshot by Lightshot

olagroup 10-03-2014 04:05 AM

Hi again,

1. Let me reintroduce the issue. If a create a new item and insert with the editor some text and some images. It would be useful the k2 image to be inherited (selected) from one (perhaps the first) that exist in the content. Now I have to set for each item its image, does it makes sense?

2. OK! Solved!,

Something else how do I translate the "Read More" button?
I have set translation in Language Overrides the K2_READ_MORE but nothing changed in k2 modules like YJ Module Engine and rest content...

Thank you very much!

neo 10-03-2014 04:37 AM

module does exactly that , if there is no k2 image, it looks for it in intro text

olagroup 10-03-2014 02:36 PM

OK got it! The detail of intro does the job!

Have you any suggestion about the translation of "Read More" button?

arefund 10-06-2014 06:59 AM

Hello olagroup.

Please go to language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_yjme.ini and you will see the read more text, change it to your use.

READ_MORE_TEXT="your text"

Thank you.

olagroup 10-09-2014 06:19 AM

Hi arefund,
It works for this module! Thank you very much!

How would I achieve the same goal when displaying the contents of a k2 category??
For example: *αράδοση

arefund 10-09-2014 06:26 AM

Please go to templates\your_template\html\com_k2\default and inside category.php, category_item.php, item.php, latest_item.php, tag.php, user.php file search for yj_hover_readmore and change the text to your use.

Thank you.