Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YJ Module Engine (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   KickOff demo install , white screen (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=12905)

bosko_milic 08-14-2014 01:26 AM

KickOff demo install , white screen

Hi there,

First thank you for the best Joomla templates, extensions and demo installs, I have been using your templates for a few years and am extremely happy with your products !

I've just installed the KickOff demo site and the home screen is white, if I unpublish YJ Module Engine the site works.

The website is behind a corporate firewall as it's in development so I can't give you access.

What can I try next in trouble shooting this, any help / thoughts are appreciated ?

(If it helps with trouble shooting, I have a similar problem on the same server , also with a Joomla 3.1 demo install , but from Gavic Pro, the module not working there is the News Show Pro GK5).

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux svwebdev03.sheldoncollege.com 2.6.32-431.20.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 19 21:14:45 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.37-cll
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.4.30
Web Server Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.3.3 Stable [ Ember ] 25-July-2014 13:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: WordPress 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: dev.sheldontriathlonclub.com

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Client

bosko_milic 08-14-2014 02:02 AM

I have also just uninstalled YJ Module Engine which was version 1.0.10, and have installed the latest version YJ Module Engine Site Module 1.0.13 8-12-2014 YouJoomla.com . Still getting the same problem. Makes me wonder is I need to configure something specific in apache or on the server for this module to work ?

neo 08-14-2014 04:08 AM

there must be something in server logs that points to the error.
set error reporting to maximum in joomla administration,
or if you can setup a demo for me on some subdomain or subfolder on your server, this way we can check it for you

neo 08-14-2014 04:26 AM

I can only assume that somwhere in the code the call by reference is left

a small annoying strict standards bug example
Screenshot by Lightshot

that should be

$user = JFactory::getUser();

I cleaned them up in 1.0.10 but it could be that I forgot some.

Either way I need the error log if possible to fix this for you.

bosko_milic 08-14-2014 08:16 PM

I checked code and all is good for:

$user = JFactory::getUser();

Error reporting Maximum shows:

Strict Standards: Non-static method modYouyorkSLiderhHelper::getYouyorkSliderItems() should not be called statically in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_youyork_slider/mod_youyork_slider.php on line 40

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_youyork_slider/helper.php on line 45

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/yjme/headfiles.php on line 13

Strict Standards: Non-static method YJmeHelp::YJmeItems() should not be called statically in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/mod_yjme.php on line 47

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/helper.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/helper.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/helper.php on line 27

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/modules/mod_yjme/helper.php on line 30

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/devsheldontriath/public_html/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 93

bosko_milic 08-14-2014 08:48 PM

I'm now using Web Host Manager in Cpanel to rebuild EasyApache with mbstring option selected.

Thanks for reminding me about checking the errors (such a simple thing that I just didn't do)

On the same server YouJoomla and GavicPro modules are killing two different website and the common thing is the K2 component. They were both displaying K2 content, so a K2 forum pointed to the mbstring issues (along with the error log you asked for). It's actually K2 and lack of a Apache module that seems to be causing the errors.

Link below if anyone needs it in the future.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home2/viewme/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

bosko_milic 08-14-2014 08:52 PM

Solved - recompiling apache with smstring has done the trick. Thanks for your time Neo. Hopefully this info might help someone else in future.

YJ Module Engine works perfectly !

Thanks Again.

neo 08-17-2014 11:30 AM

reinstall the me v is 1.0.13 , all strict standard issues are fixed