Youjoomla Support Forums (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/index.php)
-   YJ Pop login (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Enable registration (http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=11445)

KingCobra 07-27-2013 07:12 AM

Disable registration

Hello,

In another thread someone asked to remove the registration part of YJ Popup Login module

The answer was:
Quote:

Please go to modules/mod_yj_pop_login/tmpl/default.php/ and comment the call for the registration button, line #54 #55 #56:

<?php $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' ); if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="this.blur();showThem('reg_pop');return false;" id="openReg">Register</a>
<?php endif; ?>

But I'm not understanding your phrase: comment the call for the registration button?
What to do?

Note that I have little php knowledge, but know how to change the files if I'm told how to do!

In the Default Joomla Login Module I see also the same kind of line as above mentioend:

Quote:

<?php $usersConfig = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
and there the Module responds to the Global Joomla Configuration when you turn off registration for public.
Why doesn't the YJ Popup Login module respond to that?

In th first thread I didn't get an answer, but I hope now somebody will!!??

Best regards,

Chris

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Biljartvereniging ALM

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: Yes

Is this personal or client website?: Personal

neo 07-29-2013 08:25 AM

comment means // before the reg button call, or remove the lines 54 55 56

KingCobra 07-31-2013 10:37 AM

Hello Neo,

I tried it this way
Quote:

51 <!-- registration and login -->
52 <div class="poping_links"> <?php echo $params->get('pretext'); ?><br />
53 <a href="javascript:;" onclick="showThem('login_pop');return false;" id="openLogin">Login</a>
57 <br />
58 <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_users&view=reset' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD') ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_users&view=remind' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME') ?></a> </div>
and this way:

Quote:

51 <!-- registration and login -->
52 <div class="poping_links"> <?php echo $params->get('pretext'); ?><br />
53 <a href="javascript:;" onclick="showThem('login_pop');return false;" id="openLogin">Login</a>
54 //<?php $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' ); if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
55 //<a href="javascript:;" onclick="this.blur();showThem('reg_pop');return false;" id="openReg">Register</a>
56 <?php endif; ?>
57 <br />
58 <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_users&view=reset' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD') ?></a> | <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_users&view=remind' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME') ?></a> </div>
But either way the registration part is there!?
Did I do something wrong?

Best regards,

Chris

neo 07-31-2013 10:40 AM

buddy , just remove those lines , that is not how you comment code

KingCobra 08-08-2013 04:43 AM

I did!!!

As you can read in my post you see I removed lines 54, 55 and 56, but the Registration part is still there.

Same result when I put // before those lines.

What can I do more then follow your guidelines?

I really like the Popup login as shown in the demo so I don't give up yet!:)

neo 08-08-2013 04:55 AM

are you sure you are editing the right file?
what file is it?

KingCobra 08-11-2013 10:47 AM

It's this file:
modules/mod_yj_pop_login/tmpl/default.php/

If you want I can send you login details, so you can take look.
AceFTP is installed

neo 08-12-2013 07:23 AM

yes please send PM

neo 08-13-2013 06:44 PM

I just figured out that you are talking about HD Channel template login module , it is not as default mod login, so you want the whole registration removed and have just login instead?

neo 08-13-2013 06:47 PM

if yes than remove this

Screenshot by Lightshot

from
template/hdchannel/html/mod_yj_pop_login/default.php